Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

LiPO discharging after flight

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
slowgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPO discharging after flight

I'm using 7.4v 2s 450 mAh packs for my Park Flyer. Have been charging my packs to 8.4v before use. My ESC has a 7v BEC (non programable) so can't set it any lower. Should I discharge my packs down to 6v before recharging or just recharge from where the BEC cutoff is. These are non balancing packs and I am getting 10 to 15 minute flights, depending on the wind and how hard I push my flying.
slowgo
Old 10-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Bok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LiPO discharging after flight

I think you're referring to "LVC" or low voltage cutoff. BEC stands for Battery Eliminator Circuitry and what it does is it "steps down" the voltage going to the receiver and servos to 6 volts instead of the 8.4 volts coming from the battery pack. Anyway lipos aren't supposed to be discharged, it will hurt them even more. Try not to discharge them past 80% depth of discharge for maximum cycle life. I would just charge them after the LVC kicks in at 7 volts. You'll get more cycles out of them