Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

Help with mrc977

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:15 PM
gtconversion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with mrc977

Ok i got all these new packs from promatch today,New charger from mrc 977 superbrain.I wanted to put a charge on the new packs so they will be ready for xmas for my son.The 977 will only charge them for about 30min and will then stop.The packs are not even getting warm.They say 9.88v is what they read when they stop.
I had my settings set at 4.0amp 30mv
Now well still had a 959 super brain so i tried it and it charged the packs to 10.88 v
So am im dumb and dont know how to operate this 977 or is the charger no good?
I placed a order for a DuraTrax Onyx 240 today should be here next week.I hate to not use the 977 but if im not setting it up right i would like to know.I just bought 2 sets of promatch 5000 and a set of 4600 hump packs for his stampede vxl.I need the dual charger for the summit what should i do?
These are 7 cell promatch batts.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with mrc977

Welcome to RCU. New batteries sometimes give peak detect chargers fits. Ideally they should be charged at c/10 (460 ma and 500 ma) for 15 hrs to form and balance the cells.

If you don't have an old wall charger that has around 300-700 ma output then the next best thng is th simply re-start the charge (like you did) or use them as is. The next time you charge them they will probably be just fine and charge normally with the automatic shutting off when full.

Chances are good that whichever charger you started with would've shut off and whichever charger you used second would've finished the job.