Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

looking for quadcopter info and advise

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

looking for quadcopter info and advise

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:28 PM
coomarlin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for quadcopter info and advise

I've been out of RC for the last 4-5 years now and saw my first quad copter on saturday. Didn't get a chance to learn much about them but did find out that the guy built it from scratch, used 4 brushless motors, 4 ESC, a gyro, and an 11.1V Lipo pack. MY only experience with e-flight is a foam edge 540 plane I built that has a castle creations ESC and a AXI brushless motor. I searched the forum and read several threads showing some quads but I was hoping for a more informative resource on all of the parts and specs I'd need to build one. What parts do I need, part numbers, specs, etc? All I got from the guy I talked to on saturday was that he had about $100 in the gyro, $10 in each motor, $10 in each ESC. Made it sound like I could put one together for about $200. This sound right?

I've been looking at hobbykings website and its overwheling. I'm an airplane guy so this heli stuff is over my head. Not sure I understand how the heli controller differs from a standard tx receiver and how gyros work.

Help!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM
kerryg

Default RE: looking for quadcopter info and advise

You might want to start with something either ARF or as a complete kit. At the low end is the Blade MQx which can be had as a bind-and-fly to a Spektrum radio for about $140 or with radio for about $170. The next step up is something like a Walkera MX400 which comes ready to fly for about $400. If you enjoy building, you can look at the Gaui 300X-S for about $400.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
GenetiX

I build one a while ago and found it difficult to get information on the best choices to maken. So after the build I wrote a (hopefully!) helpfull document for newbies;

http://multicopter.forestblue.nl/mul...er_basics.html
Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 PM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

deleted
Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 PM
HEATEDHAT

I just came across some thing called a roswell flyer. This is the original roswell flyer. I has a round circuit board and 4 brushed motors. the kit appears to be pnp. needing only tx/rx.  I is brand new iv only opened it to inspect the what all comes with it. 4 arms with 4 replacement same with props, motor arms, clips, base, hood, esc esc..........it a appears  to have never even been opened. I cant find a thing really about it anywhere other than it is EXTREMELY  RARE.!!! ESP IN THIS CONDITION. Can any one tell me what Iv stumbled on to hear im a plane guy and have no idea what this thing is capable of or even if its to valuable to even try to fly.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 AM
keep_r_n_the_air
My Feedback: (2)

I build quads for my friends and their friends now and if your still looking let me know. I can put you one together in a 450mm-600mm frame Ready To Fly with receiver for $200-300 depending on the size you want.

Will