Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 350QX vs DJI Phantom 2 Should You Upgrade?

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Blade 350QX vs DJI Phantom 2 Should You Upgrade?

Old 04-03-2014, 05:00 PM
makuloco2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 350QX vs DJI Phantom 2 Should You Upgrade?

I plan on doing quite a few videos on comparing the Blade and Phantom as I now have both and from reading it seems many out there are wondering (as I did) if it is necessary to even go as far as the Phantom. In my video series I hope to provide you with the head to head test so you can see for yourself in real world testing and make the decision yourself. I plan on keeping all of the comparison videos in this one thread for ease of reference. Here is the First one- Return to Home Accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHjjC8BsvZk
Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
I plan on doing quite a few videos on comparing the Blade and Phantom as I now have both and from reading it seems many out there are wondering (as I did) if it is necessary to even go as far as the Phantom. In my video series I hope to provide you with the head to head test so you can see for yourself in real world testing and make the decision yourself. I plan on keeping all of the comparison videos in this one thread for ease of reference. Here is the First one- Return to Home Accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHjjC8BsvZk
Good video, thanks for taking the time to do this and posting. Subscribed to your channel, any more comparison videos planned?

Last edited by Rob2160; 04-30-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:54 PM
makuloco2000

Ok so here is the same test Hover and Return to Home Accuracy but no wind, no interference and clear skies. I think they are both great, very impressed! Next up I have some speed testing etc to help you decide if it is worth the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sqwpHbhvU
Old 05-03-2014, 10:52 AM
migur21

Thats great thanks, was wondering which one to buy, now I am still wondering, but thxs anyway
Old 05-04-2014, 02:20 AM
Rob2160

Ok so here is the same test Hover and Return to Home Accuracy but no wind, no interference and clear skies. I think they are both great, very impressed! Next up I have some speed testing etc to help you decide if it is worth the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sqwpHbhvU
Another great video. Looks like the Phantom was more accurate in this test. I wonder what would happen if you repeated the test but flew the Phantom first?

I noticed it was powered on during the 350QX flying - this would have allowed the Phantom to acquire more satellites by the time it was tested. Not saying it was the reason it seemed more accurate but it might have been.

I have two 350QXs and the first one is consistently similar in Return Home to the accuracy of yours in the video.

My second 350QX, which is only a week old (but still a Version 1 firmware) is much more accurate. Note this video where it actually touches down exactly where it took off from (and then bounces a few inches away)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_qsPOtvV4
Old 05-10-2014, 11:13 AM
makuloco2000

Originally Posted by migur21 View Post
Thats great thanks, was wondering which one to buy, now I am still wondering, but thxs anyway
I would say unless you are doing filming get the Blade hands down. I will be doing some more in depth comparisons like flight characteristics and such soon as I just got back from vacation. If you plan on filming you will see the Phantom is the way to go hands down also when you see my new videos coming out of the beach coastline etc amazing stuff. So I really thing aerial video or not is the only real dividing line.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:43 AM
RKS1949

I would say unless you are doing filming get the Blade hands down. I will be doing some more in depth comparisons like flight characteristics and such soon as I just got back from vacation. If you plan on filming you will see the Phantom is the way to go hands down also when you see my new videos coming out of the beach coastline etc amazing stuff. So I really thing aerial video or not is the only real dividing line.
I agree! For AP the Phantom is a better platform,but for all around performance,the Blade is the winner hands down!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:43 AM
turok007

i went with the blade 350 because i didn't like the look of the phantom also cannot changed the controller. but after owning the 350qx for a while i would say the phantom insides look a lot stronger and it looks possible to change bits with aftermarket makes. also i think the battery bay is better on the phantom. if i could get a phantom with a diffrent TX and a different lightweight shell i would get rid of the blade. as in a big crash the 350qx is going to cost more to repair. lol
Old 05-17-2014, 05:47 AM
RKS1949

The Phantom does come with better quality props! If you ever build a larger Quad, or Tricopter,you won't care for the Phantom, or the Blade!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:00 AM
turok007

Originally Posted by RKS1949 View Post
The Phantom does come with better quality props! If you ever build a larger Quad, or Tricopter,you won't care for the Phantom, or the Blade!

i got the blade 350qx and hated the way i never had full control even without GPS so i got a couple of 450 size quads. and i really enjoy flying them lol. i will keep the 350 qx for a while just to see if i like FPV flying.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:30 PM
opwan
My Feedback: (2)

Just don't put Naza in any of them, they will fly away. My next machine probably will be the Align 690. They also make a smaller 480 that is in the same price range of the phantom2. Align has retractable landing gear too.