Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

350QX GPS Lock at Night

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

350QX GPS Lock at Night

Old 05-09-2014, 05:53 AM
jeremywatco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350QX GPS Lock at Night

Hi All,

Having a strange issue, my 350QX obtains a GPS lock and flys totally fine during the day, however at night it takes at least twice the amount of time to get a lock and while its flying will loose and regain lock many times (light will start blinking and then go soild and then a few min later do it again). Its totally random, any thoughts? No GoPro or anything attached, just the quad. Flying in exact area as I do during day (Backyard)

Thanks, Jeremy
Old 05-10-2014, 06:44 AM
turok007

is it much colder at night.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turok007 View Post
is it much colder at night.

turok007 do you care to elaborate on your reply? If I applied your statement to actual GPS devices, people would be absolutely lost during winter and in colder climates like frozen north, antartica, ect.

Please elaborate.

Rafael
Old 05-15-2014, 03:46 PM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GPS signal should be the same 24/7/365. Are you doing anything different from the day time? is the sky the same, same flying place?
Old 05-17-2014, 04:48 AM
turok007

Originally Posted by Rafael23cc View Post
turok007 do you care to elaborate on your reply? If I applied your statement to actual GPS devices, people would be absolutely lost during winter and in colder climates like frozen north, antartica, ect.

Please elaborate.

Rafael
the blade 350qx does not use a top notch GPS so the cold might of had something to do with it. as going from a warm house to a colder outside area might of done something. also he hasn't said how many times he has tried this. as mine gets full GPS lock withing seconds but on one occasion it just wouldn't lock. and there was only a small amount of cloud.

Last edited by turok007; 05-17-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:39 AM
RKS1949

cloud cover will make the biggest difference,day,or night. Try it on a clear night and see what happens?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:36 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turok007 View Post
the blade 350qx does not use a top notch GPS so the cold might of had something to do with it. as going from a warm house to a colder outside area might of done something. also he hasn't said how many times he has tried this. as mine gets full GPS lock withing seconds but on one occasion it just wouldn't lock. and there was only a small amount of cloud.
Cloud cover is a completely different subject, but now I see where you are coming from. Thanks for the clarification.

Rafael