Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

The new Flame Wheel 550 and Naza v2

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

The new Flame Wheel 550 and Naza v2

Old 06-21-2014, 10:44 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The new Flame Wheel 550 and Naza v2

After dunking the original in the river when it blew a prop, I decided to get another flame wheel 550. It did everything I asked and I liked most everything about it and how it flew and moved my gopro through the sky.

The new Naza V2 has some serious changes that had I known, probably would have looked at another machine closer. It works, but will be hard to get used to the parameters they set for takeoff.

The old one moved the throttle as you moved the stick, just like any other electric motor. This one, nothing happens as you advance the stick with the motors running. At half stick, all of a sudden the motors spool up and she jumps into the air. I pulled back the stick because it startled me the first time and it drops like a brick. I pushed it forward and saved it from hitting the ground, but man, pucker factor was high. After talking to heliproz and learning that they did this for the 70% of the buyers not being rc pilots and it is not something that can change, I went on with testing and setting up gains.

After quite a few lift offs, I learned if you get it up and hover a second, it sets the throttle to normal so you can control it. If you pull back too soon, it drops very fast. After about 8 flights, it gets easier and easier to smooth out on the jump take off. I can get used to it, but I will never like it.

Over all, the machine is very nice in the air. It gets jumpy in the wind and I have the gains set way lower than the book says, but if I go higher it is jumpy. In the wind it gets jumpy so I may drop them another 10% to see if it settles down.

So far so good. Now to get the FPV stuff on and try it out. I think I still have some trust issues with it so it may be a few more flights before it gets to venture off very far.