Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

The Big Comparison Dji Phantom 2 vs Blade 350QX

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

The Big Comparison Dji Phantom 2 vs Blade 350QX

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 09:31 AM
makuloco2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Big Comparison Dji Phantom 2 vs Blade 350QX

I finally got this video shot and edited it turned out well. I hope this helps many who have been asking me which to get. I wanted some time with both to get an accurate assessment of it all. In this video I highlight the major differences that you need to know before you buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMbKNiVomZk
Old 08-20-2014, 05:39 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Personally I would go with the Phantom for two reasons. The Phantom is controlled by the Naza which is smoother. The Phantom will also allow you to control a gimbal. The Blade will not allow you to tilt a gimbal. Rate of climb isn't as important as stability in the climb. My experience with the Blade and the 2.0 FW is that mine isn't as sloppy as some have reported and I believe that is because I didn't move any of the components. The Horizon Hobby bulletin says to move the gps receiver in position over an esc.
I shielded my bellypan in copper foil instead. My Blade 350 flies very smooth, locks dead on and has had no issues but the climb and descent rate is very slow in AP mode. Although I don't own a Phantom I do have a 450 size quad with the Naza Lite M. The only real gripes I've had with the Blade are no gimbal control and no real way to obtain any and the limited space for a larger battery. Otherwise it's a rock solid flier with great flight performance. I upgraded mine to the Walkera QR X350 Pro propellers and the new Hobbyking replacement motors.
But all things being equal I would definitely buy the Phantom over the Blade if I had to do it all over again.
One last thing I've noticed about the Blade is that when you hit the RTH switch, it won't turn to face home. If it's pointed away it will back up or if it's pointed off to the side it will fly sideways. The Naza unit will rise, turn toward home, then come back.

Last edited by randall1959; 08-21-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:03 PM
opwan
My Feedback: (2)

The Phantoms have fly away issues.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:52 PM
randall1959

Originally Posted by opwan
The Phantoms have fly away issues.
Nearly all quads with GPS have known fly away issues. It's usually caused by bad compass calibration or gps signal loss. Most phantom fly aways I've ever heard of involve either a compass that has been calibrated wrong, firmware upgrades that were incorrectly done or the pilot becoming impatient waiting for all gps satellites to be acquired. If they were all flying away or even a large percentage you wouldn't be able to give one away on Ebay.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:12 AM
opwan
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by randall1959
Nearly all quads with GPS have known fly away issues. It's usually caused by bad compass calibration or gps signal loss. Most phantom fly aways I've ever heard of involve either a compass that has been calibrated wrong, firmware upgrades that were incorrectly done or the pilot becoming impatient waiting for all gps satellites to be acquired. If they were all flying away or even a large percentage you wouldn't be able to give one away on Ebay.
Well I had a flyaway and my compass was calibrated correctly, firmware update was correct at least in Naza software it said it was and I had 8 satellites locked on before take off. Then DJI sent me a flyaway form to figure out if I knew anything about their products, when they figured out I knew most than their own customer service reps they offered me 20% off of a new machine. I declined.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:03 AM
flightadventures

I would probably choose the dji because my friend has one and we took it up to 1000ft and it flew great watch the vid at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxa1vh5zQqE
Old 01-30-2015, 02:26 PM
makuloco2000

Yeah the Phantom is all around just a higher quality more stable machine and that is why I have never crashed mine yet.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:50 PM
randall1959

I will have to say that although I really like my DJI Naza M Lite machines, my Blade 350QX has been absolutely trouble free and with the new 2.0FW it's as smooth if not smoother than the DJI.