Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Help with verification.  First tricopter built and made a huge noob mistake. >

Help with verification. First tricopter built and made a huge noob mistake.

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Help with verification. First tricopter built and made a huge noob mistake.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with verification. First tricopter built and made a huge noob mistake.

I had everything wired up and I plugged in my battery, and the connector started smoking to melt, it was on a second before I disconnected it. I had soldered the main connector backwards.
1-Battery (Gone, charger says break in connection even after I soldered on a new connector.

I resoldered a new connector which supplies power to my esc's and plugged in my new battery.
-Motor 1 doesn't do anything, but the esc supplied power to my kk2 board and it powered fine. Motor 1 stayed cold to the touch as did the esc.
-Motor 2 & 3 did it's check but both the motors and esc's were just getting warmer and warmer until almost hot to the touch. Disconnected the battery to prevent any further damage.

So what does it sound like guys? Does it sound like I fried all my esc's?
ESC's are: Turnigy Plush 18amp Speed Controller
Motoros: Hextronik dt750 brushless outrunner 750kv
[h=1][/h]
Old 10-25-2014, 08:52 PM

Well, I did learn a bit of trouble shooting and I may have answered my own question.
I disconnected all esc's from my power distribution.
-Hooked ESC 1 with Motor 1 to power and it chimed and then beeps every 2 seconds, motor barely twitches at the beeps. ESC and Motor stayed cool.
-Hooked ESC 1 with Motors 2 & 3, it chimed and motors barely twitched every 2 seconds at the beeps. ESC and Motors stayed cool.
-Hooked ESC's 2 and 3 to all 3 motors, no chime, motors JERKED every 2 seconds no beeps. ESC's and motors started getting warm.

So I believe I just fried ESC's 2 & 3 and Motors seem okay. Does that sound about right?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:55 PM
My Feedback: (11)

I would replace all the esc's. Sounds like you fried at least 2. The motors should be ok because the esc's fried before the juice ever got to the motors. Don't be surprised if the motors are toast too though.