Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Phantom2+ and IPad air >

Phantom2+ and IPad air

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Phantom2+ and IPad air

Old 11-18-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phantom2+ and IPad air

Hello, I'm new to multi rotor copters and have a question I hope someone can help me with.
I have been flying rc plane for nearly 30 years and recently my boss bought a Phantom 2 + and assigned it to me to figure out. To say I have struggled is an understatement but I did finally fly it with the ground station app on my IPhone. For weeks I was stumped because the ground station setting in the iPhone app is defaulted to off. Finally stumbled onto that useful little tidbit of info in a video.
This is pretty neat stuff but I find the iPhone map next to impossible to see in the direct sun. So, is it possible to use an iPad air instead of th iPhone as a monitor and ground station planning? I have installed the ground station app on my iPad but I can not get it to connect to the phantom. Is there additional equipment that needs to be purchased?

thank you,
Cody
Old 11-18-2014, 06:55 PM
My Feedback: (11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6sInMr8DS4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pLl01qsHrU
Old 11-18-2014, 06:59 PM

Go to youtube and type in Phantom 2 with Ipad
It's a sure bet that someone who's doing it can give you some advice.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:42 PM

Thanks for your help Randall. After following along with the video, I still could not get my Ipad to connect with the aircraft. I called DJI support and they informed me that i had the wrong app, that i needed the DJI Vision app like I have on my phone but that it is not available to the Ipad Air. What confuses me is that in the video, he is using the Ground Station app on his i pad and thats the one i had downloaded.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:37 PM

Maybe you should see if you can find someone with an android tablet and see if that works better.