Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

2.4ghz futaba transmitter and 2.4ghz bluetooth fpv interference?

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

2.4ghz futaba transmitter and 2.4ghz bluetooth fpv interference?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 09:13 AM
tmcginley2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz futaba transmitter and 2.4ghz bluetooth fpv interference?

Has anyone experienced flight interference with a Futaba T8FG transmitter and Bluetooth applications (particularly FPV DJI 2.4ghz data link)?
Most forums recommend against any other data transmitting on the same freq. as the Flight Controllers. But no one states experiencing actual interference. I contacted Futaba directly and did not get a clear yes or no. They recommended reviewing forums for Field experiences. Most Forums also recommend turning off the Bluetooth Link on a GOPRO 3+ camera for risk of interference with the flight controller....Again no actual spectrum analyzed data to support it.
Also if you are going to use an IPAD for Waypoint control...what happens when you go back to Futaba control to land?

This in Regard to DJI Flamewheel 550 I am building. I will probably just go with 5.8ghz for FPV transmitter and receiver.

Again Curious if anyone has experienced first hand interference?
Tom
Old 03-10-2015, 03:19 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

You can't run 2.4ghz with 2.4ghz. You will get cross channel interference.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:21 PM
tmcginley2

Thanks for the response... I was looking for a more specific why? If three people are flying at the field , with Futaba, Spectrum, and Hitec transmitters bound to their respective aircraft...all transmitting on each companies respective 2.4GHZ technology...why isn't there cross channel interference? When 2.4ghz transmitters came out, it virtually eliminated the pin board at RC airfields. I guess it begs the question, does the pin board need to be reactivated for those flying with FPV and transmitting on that freq?
I am looking for someone who has experienced a failure with 2.4GHZ transmitters (Futaba) as a result of a data link transmitting video on the same freq in the same proximity. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:39 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

I haven't flown 2.4ghz with 2.4 but I have tried it on a Truggy and it didn't work at all. It really screwed up the steering and throttle.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:33 PM
W7APD Alan

The problem with FPV is that you now have a transmitter on board the aircraft. If that transmitter is on the same band as your control link, then it can desensitize or overload the receiver in the aircraft. That may appear to cause reduced range, more dropouts, or complete loss of control depending on your luck that day.

With multiple people flying at a field, all of the transmitters are on the ground and far from your receiver, so you don't have the problem of the strong signal overloading it.