Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Need a Quad with Battery Life

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Need a Quad with Battery Life

Old 03-14-2015, 06:44 AM
MonteEvader
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Quad with Battery Life

Hey all,

For all intents and purposes I'm a beginner. I bought and sole my Kodo and replaced it with a Dromida Ominous. My new quad rocks but it has a relatively short battery life and doesn't provide sufficient warning before the battery dies. For example, yesterday it just fell out of the sky. I'm not ready to spend an arm and a leg (maybe just an arm). Any suggestions in the $150 range that will give me better battery life and a decent warning signal?
Old 03-15-2015, 05:14 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

There really aren't any in that price range that will give you a warning. You'll have to move up a bit in price to gain both duration and the ability to carry an alarm. The alarms are pretty cheap and hook into your balance plug and can be set to different voltages.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RC-Lipo-...item3f455acba9
The quad I have found will carry the alarm but it's a bit over your budget if you count shipping.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_to_Fly_.html
Anything with onboard telemetry will run you at least 300 dollars.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Tar18

Hi. A buddy has the Ominus and on his the red light at the back starts to blink when the battery is low. You can buy the Turnigy Nano Tech 0.95 950 Ma as an upgrade and it adds approx. another 7 minutes or so. The other thing is to get a timer and know what usage you get from a certain battery.
Hope this helps a bit
Regards
Tar
Old 04-07-2015, 10:39 PM
gearbester

from toy to professional quadcopters/drones, there are several brands and products for drones
for professional use, i recommend, DJI, if you are looking for some fun toys i recommend syma. banggood is one place where people shop for rc quadcopters
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-RC-Quadcopters-c-1848.html