Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
What is the best quad copter to start with? >

What is the best quad copter to start with?

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

What is the best quad copter to start with?

Old 04-20-2015, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best quad copter to start with?

I am going to get a quad copter. Which one is the best for a newbie to start?
Old 04-20-2015, 04:12 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blade Nano with Safe .
Old 04-20-2015, 04:53 AM

How new are you to flying stuff? I started with a cheap quad, the Lishi Toys L6052, and the first flight went so smoothly, a guy that happened to pass by, and stopped to look, couldn't believe when I said it was the maiden flight. And I am by no means an exceptional pilot. It has 6 axis gyro, so you can't tip it over accidentally by giving too much cyclic stick, and it has low and high control rates, with low being the default after powering up the quad. You can have a look here at my review thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/mult...al-camera.html

It's 35 USD or even less shipped, if you get it from a seller like GearBest, so you could even get 2, one for spares, and still have money to spare for extra batteries. The Blade will probably be a better quad, and the self leveling goes a step beyond a regular 6 axis gyro, but it won't prevent a crash into a tree, wall, and so on. And when you accidentally turn it upside down 1 meter above the pavement, Safe won't be able to save it, I think. It will have hit the ground before you've been able to press that button. ;-)

Last edited by SoloProFan; 04-20-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 PM

This video I made might help a bit, I have a few other quadcopter vids that show what they are like also, a good place to get an idea what you might want. I suggest starting with a small one(s) to practice with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCF03PL7ozI