Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Hexa rotating intermittantly

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Hexa rotating intermittantly

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:49 AM
cutgraphics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hexa rotating intermittantly

I'm having intermittent problems with my number one hexa.

It flys like a charm most of the time and then intermittently it will decide that it wants to rotate to the left without my transmitter input to do so and will keep rotating until I pulse the throttle a few times and then it straightens out and is once again normal.
This started a few weeks ago and is a new thing.

In these events I notice high revving of a motor or two and it usually happens when I am descending.

It always rotates to the left.

My gut feeling says that one of the motors is having problems for some reason and the other revving motors are compensating.

If it always turns to the left this gives me a clue as to which 3 of the motors it may be. I can't get my brain to figure out which 3 motors. Can someone shed light on that. If I take one motor away from a hexa would it be the clockwise or anticlockwise motor missing that would cause a left spin.

The spin is always gentle and well controlled by the wookong. My settings have never changed. Always about 200 for all settings, and its a 700mm frame with good motors and xor props.

If it isn't the motor, what else could it be? Solder joint? The wookong? Any guesses?