Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Purchase Help: Drone with GPS & return to home & sensors to not hit trees or objects?

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Purchase Help: Drone with GPS & return to home & sensors to not hit trees or objects?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 12:55 AM
GizmoMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchase Help: Drone with GPS & return to home & sensors to not hit trees or objects?

Hello,

I am posting this for a friend....

I am posting this because I am a 35 year airplane flyer, and i only fly cheap toy quadracopters that are $120 and below, i have several, but none with high end features, so i am asking you pro's and guru's for him.

Granted, i can fly the heck out of my Proto-X's & Helimax 1SQ and Ominus Dromida & get real crazy and i have good skills for playing and doing tight and extreme things with my quads & my 3D foamies to gas giant scale airplane, but I have no experience with GPS quads and high end features, so he needs your help and you can help me and i will help him, he appreciates it!!

My Buddy is looking to purchase a quadracopter / drone with the following features, if possible?
* He wants to purchase a drone in the next few days

* Budget $400 to $1200 (cheaper the better, but a quality machine that also has parts and service)
(not junk with no parts, service or support)

* name brand in order to purchase parts and if needed tech support and if needed service? (e.g. horizon hobbies)

* A drone with GPS & return to home & if possible also sensors to not hit trees or objects?

* fly & watch real-time -- view either on laptop or LCD display.

* SE PA area, not sure if dealers and support make any difference for east cost, north east?
(we can purchase from a dealer like Extreme R/C hobbies (aka Mussers r/c)

Purposes / uses:
1. hobby flying
2. new flyer, so he needs it to return to home as he learns it (I assume return to home is only via GPS feature)
3. fly over his 50 acre property to view wildlife, deer, motocross track, illegal hunters/intruders, etc...
4. many trees on the property, so do they make drones that have sensors so they will return to home and not run into a Tree?
5. if possible, not only real-time viewing, but recording to later view or trim or publish?

Thank you in advance for any and all help!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 11:28 AM
GizmoMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got back from the hobby shop & my friend just bought a protoX & a ominus Vista quadracopters.

So he will learn to fly them and then it looks like he may go for the phantom 3 standard $700 or the Phantom 3 advanced $1k.

No it is not for professional flying, but for hobby flying.

What do you folks think about the Phantom 3 series of quadracopters / drones?