Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Turnigy ESC failure >

Turnigy ESC failure

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Turnigy ESC failure

Old 06-05-2016, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy ESC failure

I purchased 3 turnigy multistar 20a slim ESC's with BL Heli. My tri copter flew fine on the first batt (maiden) but I started getting an yaw input invalid on my KK flight board. I am using a tactic slt 6ch receiver and Emax rs2205 2300 kv. The second flight I was about 3 min into and the tricopter started flipping left over right. Nothing but a boom was damaged during the crash. Rebuilding my tricopter I was checking the motor direction after reconnecting the ESC. Upon plugging the battery in, the motor on the left boom speed up uncommanded to full power. The motor did not have a prop on it. Trying to stop the motor just before I unplugged the battery the motor popped and started smoking. I then started checking voltages and found that when plugged into a 3S batt I was getting 26 vac on the output side red to yellow and yellow to black no matter what throttle setting. This was also checked by plugging directly into the receiver. Afterwards I noticed my KK control board display went out and would not respond. Then I noticed my receiver was blinking erratically after connecting the ESC to it. Also I was getting 12.5 vdc at the red and brown wires on the control connector. (BEC). I checked the other 2 ESC's and found that with the control connector unplugged I was getting 6-8 vac on the output side and 5.45 vdc on the control connector(BEC) Hobbyking is replacing the faulty ESC for another one. However they will not do anything about the damage it has caused. I am writing to see if turnigy will help me recover the cost in damages that this faulty ESC caused. I lost 1 Emax rs2205, 1 tactic 6ch RX, 1 boom on my tricopter, and 1 KK2 board. There; my vent session is done. Thanks for listening. Feel free to share similar stories.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's hobby king, you got your monies worth so don't expect anything else. A manufacturers only liability is to repair/replace the faulty item with a new one.