Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

XUFO and Draganflyer Related

Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

XUFO and Draganflyer Related

Old 07-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Hammer_DE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XUFO and Draganflyer Related

@Incrdblhlk

i don't now exactly, my work is to design the frames - these frames are in the moment all prototypes for testing.
I think in 2-4 weeks they are ready for sell.

here some newest pics in real from the atmosphere-race frame

greetz
hammer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73952.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	493135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50589.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	493136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16650.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	493137  
Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 AM
HoverDown3K
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the info, I see the fames are based on the 1999 version of the Draganflyer, when it was called the Roswell FLyer.

I tried to upload some pictures but it didn't work

Here is the 1999 Frame of the Roswell FLyer

On Page 2

[link=http://spectrolutions.com/pdf/flyer_history.pdf]Roswell Frame from 1999[/link]

Old 07-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Hammer_DE

@hoverdown

thx for the link, but when you look right, you can see - our systems (now 3) are not based on the roswell flyer.

Name:	Bz78139.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	493226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96068.jpg
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	493227  
Old 07-18-2006, 07:57 PM
red_sash

I've still got one of those old Roswell frames new in the pack. It would snap in an instant.

Wow, glad they bought out the new carbon frame. Only ever bought one, and no other parts ever needed.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:01 AM
tend2it

To go along with Hammer's cool CF frames ... here is the latest X-3D video from Jast and Garfield (one of the x-ufo inventors).

Damn they are GREAT pilots!!! ... maneuvering around tight quarters in a Jungle Jim Play structure ... flying down and up a tunnel slide ... WOW!

[link]http://www.erop.de/ufo/piezo_in_perfektion_roadtrip.wmv[/link]

X-3D beta test thread ... [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/babelframe.php?trurl=http://forum.xufo.net%2Fbb%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fp%3D23937[/link]

Info on reserving an X-3D piezo a few pages back in this thread.

I can't wait till the end of Aug ... I want one now!

--Eric--
Old 07-20-2006, 09:45 AM
HoverDown3K
My Feedback: (2)

I wonder if you can use a DF board in an X-UFO, I think the price is only a couple hundred for the main board, and you would get all the same features, as the DF V Ti plus the Ti Features, and lipo features and also failsafe and thermal leveling + more. and you could add the SAVS system if needed..

You get to use your 8 channel radio and it has a DC RX and 4 added servo outputs on the DF main board.

any one have any idea if this would work?
Old 08-14-2006, 11:09 PM
tend2it

ORIGINAL: HoverDown3K

I wonder if you can use a DF board in an X-UFO, I think the price is only a couple hundred for the main board, and you would get all the same features, as the DF V Ti plus the Ti Features, and lipo features and also failsafe and thermal leveling + more. and you could add the SAVS system if needed..

You get to use your 8 channel radio and it has a DC RX and 4 added servo outputs on the DF main board.

any one have any idea if this would work?
HoverDown3K ... That topic has come up in the past ... don't know if anyone tried it ... although the DF board is designed to control bigger motors ...

Here is an interesting thread I started regarding expectations for the upcoming X-UFO X-3D piezo board ... [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2013[/link]

And here is my latest alu-tweety mod ... [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2026[/link]

--Eric--
Old 08-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Hammer_DE

Hi eric - nice mod

and here are the latest mods from the german ufo-manufacture, let me know what you think

Name:	Ig13755.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	507801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49499.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	507802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40780.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	507803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44880.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	507804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju11676.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	507805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71495.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	507806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85596.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	507807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv53125.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	507808  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke90349.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	507809  
Old 08-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Hammer_DE

If you want see a Video with one of this frames and the new x3d board, here is the link to the vid
[link=http://www.x-3d.org/x3d150806.wmv]x3d video[/link]

Greetz
Hammer
Old 08-16-2006, 01:17 PM
tend2it

ORIGINAL: Hammer_DE

Hi eric - nice mod
Thanks Hammer ... not to be biased, but out of the three frames ... which is your favorite flyer????

I like the Race ...

--Eric--
Old 08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Hammer_DE

hi eric - me too but in our german forum the most people want the allround.

Three Points - this 3 systems are all very good to fly - the most difference is the Design and the price.

What do you say to the vid?

p.s. i forgot - in 22 days the x3d is coming.

Greetz
Hammer
Old 08-17-2006, 12:56 AM
tend2it

ORIGINAL: Koop

Hammer_DE,

Awesome job with the mods I look forward to ordering the new piezo board. By the way do you know of a place where I can buy an aftermarket transmitter for the X-UFO? I know that the frequencies are off for distribution in the US, but if you know of some site to go to I would really appreciate it. The transmitter that comes with the UFO is very untrustworthy and I would feel alot more comfortable with a futaba or just about anything that doesn't feel cheap. Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!!!

Koop
Hi Koop ...
Sorry I missed your message ... I finally got my Futaba 9chps to work with the X-UFO ... this is what I had to do ... 27MHz support is required ... unless you want to mod the Rx on the main control board. [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1497&start=4[/link]

based on dialog I had with Futaba support ...
[link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1520[/link]

I'm still working on getting the Gyro calibration to work ... apparantly, Futaba uses negative pulse logic with is opposite of those German Tx. With the new X-3D, you won't need this to work ... unless you are flying the plott-mod 2 piezo mod.

hope it helps,
--Eric--
Old 08-17-2006, 01:10 AM
tend2it

hi eric - me too but in our german forum the most people want the allround.

Three Points - this 3 systems are all very good to fly - the most difference is the Design and the price.

What do you say to the vid?

p.s. i forgot - in 22 days the x3d is coming.

Greetz
Hammer
Hi Hammer,
I like the Race ... but can't afford it right now ...

Darn you ... after that new video, now I like the Allaround!!! ... nice job on the vid ... it is a TV worthy advertisement ... how sturdy is it in a hard crash? ... since all parts are coming from Germany ... I wouldn't want to have to buy a crash kit for it ... it is more in my price range and is lighter to boot.

I would like to order one ... but add-on parts don't seem to be available or priced yet (for the landing struts and gear protectors) ... the best situation would be to have everything available when ordering the X-3D so that everything could be shipped together at a cheaper cost. Are you still having problems with getting parts (screws, etc...)? Is this a possiblilty? How much would it cost to have you personally bend a set of landing struts?

Too bad your motor holders don't have coolies built in like Johnson's design ... will Johnson's design fit/work with the allaround? I might have to go with the original plastic mounts first and use my coolies by Andy.

Keep up the great work and don't stress out on the production holdups ... remember, it is supposed to be fun on the side.

--Eric--
Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 AM
red_sash

Hi Hammer, and thank you for your regular updates.

When you say X3d is coming in 22 days, is that a fully commercial model (boards, frame, motors, blades, etc)?

I am keen to get an off the shelf model when it gets to that stage. Would like to buy complete as next generation flyer up from my DF2s.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 AM
tend2it

ORIGINAL: red_sash

Hi Hammer, and thank you for your regular updates.

When you say X3d is coming in 22 days, is that a fully commercial model (boards, frame, motors, blades, etc)?

I am keen to get an off the shelf model when it gets to that stage. Would like to buy complete as next generation flyer up from my DF2s.
red_sash ...

The X-3D is the new gyro board upgrade for the X-UFO ... it is only an addon upgrade to an existing X-UFO V1 or V2 replacing the mech-gyro. For the Hammer CF/Alu frames, you will still need an original X-UF0 to supply all of the base unit electronics. From there, you can upgrade the Tx. It is approaching DF prices ... but it is still cheaper ... and should allow you to do rolls and loops. I'm definitely thinking of upgrading mine.

--Eric--
Old 08-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Hammer_DE

hi eric

the add-on parts are coming in the next few days. all 3 systems are very sturdy - they where , while development, in a permanent testsituation.
Quality criterion is made in Germany

Yes - we had some little problems with the supplier of the cf-plates - but that is ok now.

@red_sash
thx

greetz
hammer

p.s.
tend2it say it all for this time
Old 08-17-2006, 05:45 PM
red_sash

Thanks gentlemen for your replies. Very kind.

I'm patient, and I can wait. Still got a couple of the old favourites to play with. Still get a buzz every time I fly them (well, one now, toasted the board on one recently after so long without problem, still haven't sent it off to Spectrolutions).

Love watching the development on the new boards and frames, and I have a saying for almost anything electromechanical ....................

If you can't afford the German one, buy Japanese.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:59 AM
tend2it

ORIGINAL: red_sash

Thanks gentlemen for your replies. Very kind.

I'm patient, and I can wait. Still got a couple of the old favourites to play with. Still get a buzz every time I fly them (well, one now, toasted the board on one recently after so long without problem, still haven't sent it off to Spectrolutions).

Love watching the development on the new boards and frames, and I have a saying for almost anything electromechanical ....................

If you can't afford the German one, buy Japanese.
red_sash
Don't know if Silverlit will ever come up with a piezo solution, but all of these solutions are outside of Silverlit's off-the-shelf offering ... meaning, it is a do-it-yourself upgrade/modification. Don't know if the x-ufo shop will ever put one of these bad boys together as a complete solution and sell them as a complete ready-to-fly super duper x-ufo. There are others in the forum working on brushless (BL) solutions as well. Fingers crossed.

--Eric--
Old 08-18-2006, 05:20 PM
w00dst0ck

Quality criterion is made in Germany

The good old 'Deutsche grundlichkeit' right ?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Hammer_DE

@woodstock

yes - that's what i mean

and have you ever seen this?
The first realy Brushless-Ufo complete made in germany, this is the next step of the project and it can lift 450Gramm,
look at the video

[link=http://www.x-3d.eu/bl_ufo.wmv]X3D Brushless Ufo Video from Jast[/link]

and some pics also

Name:	Db84248.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	509499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53359.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	509500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf88077.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	509501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj19643.jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	509502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj63983.jpg
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	509503  
Old 08-19-2006, 03:22 AM
tend2it

HOLLY CRAP!!!! this is AWESOME news! ... finally, a brushless solution that can be added on the x-ufo and will be available along side the X-3D and Hammer Frames! [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/babelframe.php?trurl=http://forum.xufo.net%2Fbb%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fp%3D28304[/link]

--Eric--
Old 08-20-2006, 05:27 PM
red_sash

Thanks Tend2it for your assistance. Very kind of you to take the time to explain to someone.

I have been following it for a while, and if I didn't already have a few models and projects on the run, I would probably get one. However, I have a scale gunship I'm building, draganflyers (one I got to get off to fix), other electric helis, couple of nitros I would like to get rid of, and just aint got time to slip into development mode on another project. Its the scale model that killing my time lately.

Anyway, I'm sure someone will run with the technology soon, and will give me time to finish the scale ship (and the UFO technology can develop further, and the batteries for the scale ship can get cheaper in the meanwhile).

I would love to get one now, but I think I am also developing my skill of not buying nice carbon and metal things on impulse straight away. Like giving up smoking.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:27 PM
targit

Hi, perhaps you couold try wearing a carbon fibre patch to help with the withdrawal symptoms.
This latest developement puts the "X-ufo" ahead of the draganflyer, but I think it needs a new name, because I cant see anything left that's still made by silverlit ( maybe the rotors? ) perhaps "Volgs Fliege" :P
Old 10-01-2006, 02:42 AM
tend2it

Just got the X-3D 3 piezo gyro upgrade from Germany for the X-UFO for around $250 ... 1st impressions ...

The class hardware is all surface mount and those new piezos are tiny compared to the plott-mod.

The installation was very straight forward and instructions were clear. Uninstalled the Plott-Mod first and proceeded to install it into my naked X-UFO. They added a nice fool-proof bottom connector to the main board to prevent any pin miss-alignment connections. Three plastic risers are fitted to support the X-3D over the main board ... these are screwed in from above the X-3D and from below the main board (in the same holes used for the old gyro board). There is also serial connector that connects from the X-3D to the main board. I had a bit of a challenge getting this connected to the main board since I had some components (capacitors in the path and a slight miss-alignment of the pins on the main board. The connector is keyed to plug in only a certain way (but look at the picture of the correct connection in the manual ... I had to swivel the connector 180 degrees from its normal path to match the picture). Very tight quarters and aligning the 4 exposed upright pins to the connector without a guide took a bit of patience without bending anything. This is as snug as it gets with the surrounding capacitors.

The X-3D has three LEDs (red,yellow,green) on it to indicate status ... The X-3D performs a sensor calibration on power up ... so there is no need to do a gyro reset anymore! ... I powered it up and it went through the bootup sequence and gave me the green light ... so the initial functional test and hookup checks out.

I went back and read [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/babelframe.php?trurl=http://forum.xufo.net%2Fbb%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2432[/link]

And also found [link]http://forum.xufo.net/bb/babelframe.php?trurl=http://forum.xufo.net%2Fbb%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2528[/link]

I couldn't go to sleep without at least testing this bad boy out ... so out went the two cars and in went the X-UFO.

I used the Standard X-3D Default Beginners (no jumpers) setting to initially try it out on a 900mAh run. Standard Default assumes EPP frame and stock battery weight. I didn't tweek any parameters via the USB to fine tune the fact that it was frameless with a lipo ... I'll play with that later.

Leaning to fly the Plott-Mod definitely helps in flying the X-3D since it gets you used to the balancing the marble principle of going in one direction and then blip in the opposite direction to compensate. No pendulum effect and on harder landings, no reset is necessary ... simply throttle up back into the air.

Even with the default weight in beginners setting, the X-UFO lifted straight up and was pretty rock solid in hover with slight adjustments in pitch and roll ... mech-gyro??? ... what was that??? ... this doesn't self-level, but with the slight adjustments, it stays very level event with "hands off the controls"

This thing can now take off a lot faster in a direction and hold that direction until you compensate or nose-in steer. With the Heading Hold, it is much easier to control direction since there is no longer yaw drift. Quite easy to control while flying slow in a confined area of the garage ... but this thing can also take off like a rocket ... something I'll have to try outdoors in a sports field or somewhere big.

With the X-3D combined with my upgraded Futaba 9CHPS Super Tx, the X-UFO is no longer a toy ... but a professional hobby grade flying machine!!! Exactly what I was looking for when I first saw the Roswell Flyer (precursor to the Draganflyer) and dreamed of getting that type of flight performance. The Futaba definitely adds precision and I'll have to wait for an outdoor test for range.

No crashes nor rotor strikes in the garage ... the X-3D control is a joy ... the Alu-Tweety cage and Andy Coolies didn't affect performance nor motor sound. The red accents on the front and rotors reflected quite well in the light and visibility from a far shouldn't be a problem.

--Eric--

Name:	Ec87630.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	533101   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92624.jpg
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	533102  
Old 10-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Hammer_DE

Hi eric,

glad to here that you are now a X-3D Owner.
I wissh you a lot of fun with it.

Yes - you are right - this thing is amazing!

And here is a small video with a concept frame
[link=http://www.x-3d.org/conceptufo.wmv]conceptvideo[/link]

greetz
hammer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.