Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Multi Rotor Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Anyone here building a UAVP?

Community
Search
Notices
Multi Rotor Helicopters Discuss Multi rotor RC Helicopter's here!

Anyone here building a UAVP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:44 AM
13BRV3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone here building a UAVP?

Here are a few pics of the completed UAVP5 frame, including a couple camera configurations. I REALLY like this frame, so much that I don't think there's going to be a UAVP6. I've crash tested this a few times now, and find that the arms bend, and props break, but both are cheap and easy to replace. Everything else is pretty much indestructible (so far).

The cause of the crash testing has been FPV (first person video/view) attempts. The learning curve is pretty hard on equipment [:@]

This flight was done strictly with video goggle reference, except for the takeoff and landing. Pretty boring, but in this case, boring is good
http://www.radrotary.com/FPV3_raw.wmv

Cheers,
Rusty

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76401.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	837314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86953.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	837315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp32838.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	837316  
Old 12-31-2007, 10:23 PM
13BRV3

Today's FPV test. The entire flight was made with the video goggles. Didn't even break anything
http://www.radrotary.com/FPV_123107_raw.wmv

Rusty
Old 12-31-2007, 10:43 PM
nikivan

ORIGINAL: 13BRV3

Here are a few pics of the completed UAVP5 frame, including a couple camera configurations. I REALLY like this frame, so much that I don't think there's going to be a UAVP6. I've crash tested this a few times now, and find that the arms bend, and props break, but both are cheap and easy to replace. Everything else is pretty much indestructible (so far).

The cause of the crash testing has been FPV (first person video/view) attempts. The learning curve is pretty hard on equipment [:@]

This flight was done strictly with video goggle reference, except for the takeoff and landing. Pretty boring, but in this case, boring is good
http://www.radrotary.com/FPV3_raw.wmv

Cheers,
Rusty

Hey Rusty, I am glad the frame works for you. Nice video, but don't you think the fish eye lens is ... hm ... too wide
Old 01-02-2008, 03:08 AM
hiaber

ORIGINAL: Nicoleto

Hi Rusty, Regarding the German MK, yes the performance can be duplicated and yes it flies way better even that a brushless converted DF. I can tell because I own one regular DF, one MK and soon one UAVP. Also I've flown one brushless converted DF and although it flies way better than any regular DF, there is no comparison between the converted DF and at least my MK.

So is it worth getting one on these German machines? I would say BIG YES. However you may have to fly one to know what I’m talking about.

Regarding ESCs, if you go the MK way (now that you can buy both the populated escs and the populated main board) you will definitively need I2C compatible escs. Holger’s ESCs are very good I have 8 of the and haven’t had any problem flying my 1100 grams MK with 20-22L hacker motors and a payload of 500 grams for a total of 1600 grams of flying weight. If you go the UAVP way, you can use any PPM controller. There are other controllers like the YGE30i or something like that. I’ve never tried those so I’m not sure how good they are.

Regards
Nick

Nick - what ESC are you using with the hacker 20-22L's?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:00 AM
sonicj
My Feedback: (2)

Rusty,
man, that was cool video! im sold.... im buiding one of these! are you using prop savers? also, have you considered aluminum arrows? they are a smaller diameter than then 450 booms (afaik) but are incredibly stiff, lightweight & cheap! cheers!
-sj
Old 01-10-2010, 03:41 AM
srunyon1

I'm with the MK all the way.. it really does what they say and more.. more payload more support.. it really works well.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
need_to_drift

just a noob question but how do you get the uavp to fly forwards or bank left or right?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:48 AM
jesolins

With most quad's the counter rotating props speed up or slow down with your pitch and roll stick movements to bank and yaw.
The UAVP has new firmware designed by Prof Greg Egan and is now called the UAVX. It now has GPS position hold and return to home capability. More info here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093510
and here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?t=1097355]
Cheers,
Jim

ORIGINAL: need_to_drift
just a noob question but how do you get the uavp to fly forwards or bank left or right?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 AM
jesolins

MK with GPS and NAVI = ~$1500. UAVP with UAVX firmware with GPS from California at www.quadroufo.com =~$500. Same payloads capable depending on motor and ESC selections. UAVP/UAVX can use I2c or off the shelf standard ESCs.
Cheers,
Jim
ORIGINAL: srunyon1
I'm with the MK all the way.. it really does what they say and more.. more payload more support.. it really works well.