RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Multi Rotor Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/multi-rotor-helicopters-487/)
-   -   Horizon QX350 Expert Help (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/multi-rotor-helicopters-487/11643654-horizon-qx350-expert-help.html)

murcielago 12-18-2017 06:45 AM

Horizon QX350 Expert Help

So I bought two basket case QX350s. The first one was beyond repair so I installed a KK FC, swapped out the ESCs and it beca,e an awesome fast drone.

Anyone know what signal the original QX ESCs use. I cit the three wires from the ESCs to the board and installed conventional Rx plugs, but couldnt get them to work. Thats why I had to install off the shelf brushless ESCs.

Now, I think second 350 could be close to being brought back to life. When I first started working on it, it had a compass error. I replaced it and now it gets past that step. Now It looks like it initialized, but camt get the motors to turn. Im pretty sure it is binded since the green light behind the DX7 is steady green after holding the button while powering on the Tx.

When I connect the battery to the drone, I get a tone changing note (low to high) then 3 short tones. Solid red light on the FC, all ESCs have one rapid flashing blue LED, and every once in a while a short beep. Also, after about 30 seconds it starts flashing two orange lights, along with the every so often short beep.

I have tried being at least 15 feet away from the drone to no avail.

murcielago 12-18-2017 07:04 AM

UPDATE

It appears as if the two flashing orange light appear of I move the compass. Also, I thought it was binded to the Tx since I got a steady green light on the back of the Tx, but it does the same even when 5e drone is not powered on. So it looks like the drone is not going into bind mode.

murcielago 12-18-2017 08:29 AM

Okay, I need someone to help out here. If you look at the first photo, it is the board off of a Q2. You will notice the 2.4 copper wire antenna sticking out off of the top of the board (on the left side since the photo is sideways).

Now, if you look at the second photo, Q3 board, yuo will notice that there is no copper wire antenna. I looked everywhere in case it was ripped off or something, but couldnt find it. I then notice that there are four cut wires on the upper left (red, brown, orange, yellow). I have no idea what they are and why the previous owner cut them like that.

Look at the last photo. That is a brand new board and its components. Notice that the cut four wires actually have a plug at the end. Also, notice that on the left hand side of the photo, appears to be some sort of 2.4 antenna module. Is that the antenna I am missing? Does it plug into the missing plug that goes into the four cut wires?

could someone please look at their Q3 and see if my guess is correct and probably why I cant bind.

murcielago 12-18-2017 08:49 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Photos

I think the missing antenna module,is the actual receiver.

0305030angus 08-20-2020 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by murcielago (Post 12391459)
Photos

I think the missing antenna module,is the actual receiver.

Yes, it is