Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

35cc loose carb

Old 10-31-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35cc loose carb

The Walbro carb gets loose on my 35cc gas engine after several flights. Each time I clean the set screws and apply thread locker and allow time for it to set overnight before flying again. Otherwise the engine starts easily and runs very well. Any ideas on a more permanent fix to this problem are appreciated.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 35cc loose carb

The insert is to facilitate glow carbs using the same crankcase. Clean very well, and also locktite the insert as well, but keep the o-ring in place. It is needed to keep the lower insert edge clear of the crankshaft. Instead of Locktite, use JBweld, which is much better.
I had never problems with it, but that may be due to low vibration levels in my setup. If your plane is very light, and the prop is slightly out of balance, vibrations probably are worse than in my applications.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 35cc loose carb

Pe,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the carb installation is like the large OS, ST, and MOKI. The engine is smooth and powerful and appears to be very well made.

Sam