Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Evolution 45 carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
octanehuffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 45 carb

I have the throttle set up with idle on the Tx being idle on the carb and full stick on Tx is wide open throttle on the carb. While flying, anything past 1/2 stick throttle makes no difference to the engine it sounds WOT while I have 1/2 on the stick. There is a difference between 1/2 and 3/8 throttle and it seems too slow or to fast. I know under propping them will do this but I am running a 22x10 PT carbon @ 6300 RPM with an MTW can. Why wouldnt the throttle be linear? I would rather not set up a curve before getting the proper linkage setup.
Adam
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 45 carb

This is normal with the Warlbro carb the last 1/2 of throttle does very little, you can set it up mechanically by having the servo arm at idle horizontal/in line with the push rod so that at the beginning of the servo movement the arm follows a smaller arc, as the arm moves towards WOT the arc is greater. I use this method and it gives a far more linier throttle responce.

Hope this helps
Mike
Old 09-01-2007, 05:04 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It also helps If the full throttle setting on the Tx does not open the butterfly valve completely. Find the position where the engine just runs at full rpm, and set that position as full throttle setting on the Tx.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:04 AM
octanehuffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys!