Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

mvvs 26gt 2 engine tightened up won't run corectly

Old 09-01-2007, 02:47 PM
chadderbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mvvs 26gt 2 engine tightened up won't run corectly

My g26 turns over real hard and is getting hot so I took it apart to see what the problem might be. The lubrication was real good with no visual signs of over heating. I took off the back plate and found that the piston rod is wearing a deep grove into the back plate causing it to bind. Ever since the first spin of the prop with this brand new engine it seemed like there was a little slop and a clicky sound between the up stroke and down stroke with out it running. With it running it has allways sounded fine. I have allways kept my prop balanced and have never crashed the plane.
What caused the piston rod to hit the back plate? I think there are defective bearings or it was put together incorectly. Has any one else had this happen?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Rocketman_

Default RE: mvvs 26gt 2 engine tightened up won't run corectly

ORIGINAL: chadderbox
... What caused the piston rod to hit the back plate? I think there are defective bearings or it was put together incorectly. Has any one else had this happen?
You can read about that problem in the Ultra R/C Giles 202 UL 29% thread on page 96 in Post #1761, Post #1763, Post #1772, Post #1773 (with pictures), and Post #1776.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30...tm.htm#4242451
Old 09-02-2007, 01:41 AM
chadderbox

Thank you
Old 09-02-2007, 02:02 AM
chadderbox

Thanks I read the post and I have the same problem. Something is definatley defective and I am sure this is happening to alot more people than just me and this guy. Any one else?[:@]