Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

ICU ignition for MVVS 26

Old 10-23-2007, 02:26 AM
mun_iz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ICU ignition for MVVS 26

I recently bought a ICU ignition (MSR engines) from www.mvvs.nl to replace a faulty Vlach unit.

When the ICU unit arrived, I noticed that the ICU unit has a smaller plug cap compared to my current Vlach unit. As such, it will not fit the plug size on my mvvs 26. Is there an adapter available that can be fitted onto the cylinder head to accomodate the smaller plug?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
janch

Default RE: ICU ignition for MVVS 26

Hy friend,

you can order special modification of new ignition but with big plug.
Other impotant point you have to have change prob hub.
Jan
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 PM
mun_iz

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a shop that I can mail order the prop hub as well as send in my ICU unit for modification?

I am extremely dissapointed as I haven't been able to find any information in www.mvvs.nl website that states that I needed a new prop hub for my engine as well as other modifications before I can use the new ICU unit. I had expected that the new ICU unit to be a "plug and play" on my engine when I made a decision to purchase it since the older units had been discontinued. Now I have to spend EXTRA money to get the ICU unit to work on my engine...

Can I send back my new ICU unit with small plug cap in exchange for an ICU unit with a big plug cap?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM
janch

Hi
I wrote you email.

Jan