Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

How to remove 26 cylinder liner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Solstice
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove 26 cylinder liner?

I need to remove the liner on my Evolution 26GT. This liner is VERY tight in the case. I imagine the case will need to be heated to remove it. It does not simply push out.

What is the proper method for removing this liner? I assume heating of the case, what is the best way to do that? Should I remove carb before doing this?

I especially appreciate your help since this is not an MVVS branded engine.

Sincerely,

Jay
Old 11-09-2007, 07:52 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How to remove 26 cylinder liner?

heat the case to 100C, and you can pull the liner out.
When assembling, first put the piston in the liner in it's correct location, so the ring is only just in the liner. Then fit the assy on the crankpin, align the liner to the case, heat the case again, and push the liner in all the way without twisting. Twisting will cause the ring ends to catch in the ports.
This way, you will have full control over the way the ring enters the liner without any risk of breaking it.