Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Not able to stop a 35gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:58 AM
hbutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not able to stop a 35gt

Hello...

Got a question..

I have an evolution 35gt and I'm having problems killing the engine with the throttle fully closed. This problem is somewhat new. I just recently sent the engine back to Horizon to check it out and prior to that I didn't have the problem. I addition, I have modified the carb to deal with the turbulant diaphram issue. I have soldered a tube to the back of the carb and ran fuel tubing back into the fuse.

Any suggestions? For the moment, I have just been using my ignition switch to stop the engine.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:11 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Not able to stop a 35gt

either the servo does not close the valve completely, or the valve is worn, or there is a possibility of the engine drawing false air, or the throttle stop limits the valve closing.

If none of these, engine inspection is needed. (think of mal-fitted valve etc.)
Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
hbutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine only has about 2 gallons through it. Looking at the valve it looks fully closed.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:53 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So??