Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 45 older/new model

Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 PM
sandseeker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 45 older/new model

Can you tell me the differences between the first 45 to the latest 45 gas engine and when the major changes occoured (Eng number/date) as my LHS has the 45 but I think its been on display for some time.

Chris
Old 02-13-2009, 07:10 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 45 older/new model

On the outside there are no differences, other than the magnesium casting of later years. Later changes all had to do with front seal lubrication, the very latest change being an oil nipple added to the front bearing section. Adding a drop of oil to the seal every now and then serves the same purpose of preventing the seal lip to run dry.
Ask your LHS for the engine serial number. It started in the year 2000 with "A", "B" in 2001, and so forth. Then you know exactly how old the engine is.
(typo edited, P.S. added)
P.S.
Your LHS will not be happy with that request, because in order to read the serial number, the carb has to be removed, or you have to trust their statement of purchase.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:53 AM
sandseeker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Pe.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:36 AM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
And the ealy alumium engines did have only one front bearing...