Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

Evo 26gx Muffler Question

Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Scorf
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo 26gx Muffler Question

I am trying to mount my Evo 26gx in a 1/4 scale sig cub and can not seem to find a muffler that will fit correctly. I have all of the mufflers available including the side pipe, pitts style, bisson and the header pipe but nothing seems to fit. Having trouble with clearing the firewall or to tall and hitting the cowl. Does anyone make a muffler for this engine like the DLE/DA50 style ?? I need something more compact. Also ... will this engine run ok being mounted inverted ?? any help you could offer is greatly appreciated !!

Darryl
Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Evo 26gx Muffler Question

Looks like you want a special made muffler, and then live with whatever are the results. 
Give Bisson a call and provide all the dimensional details of your setup.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Scorf
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Pe !

I kinda figured I was screwd on this... I really did not want to have a special muffler made but I guess I have no choice if I wish to use this engine. I just do not understand why they would design something so good then leave a big hole in the middle of it. I have been very pleased with the the overall performance and reliability of these engines and have had many different ones but always seem to run into some wierd problem when trying to mount them... maybe it's me ? LoL !!! Oh well... Thank you for the reply and cudos to you my friend as you are ALWAYS a big help when it comes to MVVS Support !!

Regards,

Darryl

Old 05-01-2010, 07:02 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always try to turn the engine/muffler combo until I get the best fit.
That big hole in the cylinder enables the engine to run.