Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Sadler Vampire from Nitro Models

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Sadler Vampire from Nitro Models

Old 10-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Bobby V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sadler Vampire from Nitro Models

Sadler Vampire from Nitro Models question. Is the 3.5” recommended for the CG correct? In the manual they show two different ones (75mm= 3in or 90mm= 3.5in)don’t know which one to use.
Bobby V
Old 10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
opjose

Default RE: Sadler Vampire from Nitro Models

Either or anywhere in between.

As long as the plane sits with the nose gear on the ground ( once the batteries are in place ), it will fly.

The further back you put the C.G. the more responsive the tail will be up to the 3.5"-3.8" limit.

C.G.'s are really more of suggestion. I use the "that looks about right" rule and work from there.

Normally ( with exceptions ) if the plane balances at or in front of the wing bar/tube you should be alright.

Of course when in doubt the on-line C.G. calculators of of great help.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Bobby V

Thank you very much for your response to my question. It was an interesting answer and I’ll be sure to apply it other’s that I plan on building. Thanks again.
Bobby V
Old 10-05-2010, 04:12 PM
opjose

On most straight winged planes anywhere in front of 25% of the chord is perfectly safe.

For swept wing and bi-planes you want to have the C.G. forward of 25% of the mean chord length.

Many of my 3D planes go back as far as 30-40% but the latter can be iffy.

With the Vampire it is almost difficult to get the C.G. too far back if the plane sits level on the ground when ready to fly.

For it to sit level the C.G. has to be in front of the wing landing gear area, which is in turn also in front of the 25% chord mark.