Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Retract Suggestions - Bobcat 50

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Retract Suggestions - Bobcat 50

Old 05-08-2007, 05:27 PM
robert92679

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retract Suggestions - Bobcat 50

I recently received one of your 'retract-ready' Bobcat 50 planes. Evidently the kit was set-up around a particular air retract set featured in the documentation, however, I am not able to identify it in the photos. Can you identify the retract set that will fit the stock mounting blocks and wing profile?

I checked your website, and the only retracts offered for sale are mechanicals.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:25 PM
rcplaneworld

Default RE: Retract Suggestions - Bobcat 50

I just called NM, they have a retract ready version of the 50 bobcat, its an extra 10.00 for the plane. They used thier own retracts with cost 14.95 but they are out of stock.

BTW could you email pics of the wing, I want to put retracts in one, I need the location and CG specs.

The fixed wing version has the CG at 260mm from the leading edge of the wing, but the instructions shows mounting the gear to the rear - front to back. That puts the mains about 4"" behind the CG and makes it impossible for the elevator to rotate the plane. If I do a 180 on the mains then they are only 1/2" behind the CG right where most planes like it, trying to find out if the plans are SNAFU or if they do not want the plane to rotate, mows grass pretty good the way they have it set up.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:43 PM
nitrostaff1

Hi,

Our retract ready version of the bobcat DOES NOT come with retracts. We are working on which retract will do it.

Thanks
John
Nitro Planes
Old 05-08-2007, 09:09 PM
robert92679

Hi John,

Thank you for the response. It appears the retracts pictured in the instructions fit very well. Do you know what brand/model they are?

Looking forward to getting in the air,

Robert
Old 05-09-2007, 03:20 PM
rcplaneworld

Would you post some pictures of the wing with the retract holes.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
robert92679

It'll be a next week before I can get started on it. The wings are delivered covered solid top and bottom, so I'll have to cut into one before I can post any meaningful pictures.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:09 PM
NickHawk
My Feedback: (7)

Hello Guys,I recently finished my 50 Bobcat but indeed the plane refuses to rotate.Any idea where the correct CG is?Definately not 17,5 cm as the manual indicates.
Regards
Old 05-31-2007, 07:56 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: NickHawk

Hello Guys,I recently finished my 50 Bobcat but indeed the plane refuses to rotate.Any idea where the correct CG is?Definately not 17,5 cm as the manual indicates.
Regards
What?

My manual says 260mm or 10.3 inches which is exactly what the guys over on the Jet forums say is right for the Nitroplanes Bobcat 50.

I should have mine opened up tommorrow so I hope to post scale pictures of the retract areas as references and to help with the retract selection.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:59 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: rcplaneworld

I just called NM, they have a retract ready version of the 50 bobcat, its an extra 10.00 for the plane. They used thier own retracts with cost 14.95 but they are out of stock.

BTW could you email pics of the wing, I want to put retracts in one, I need the location and CG specs.

If I do a 180 on the mains then they are only 1/2" behind the CG right where most planes like it, trying to find out if the plans are SNAFU or if they do not want the plane to rotate, mows grass pretty good the way they have it set up.
The included manual has a mix of pictures, don't assume that they are correct.

Some of the pictures are for the older version and some for the newer retract ready version.

If you have this manual you'll also notice that gear are oriented quite differently in the retract pictures.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:01 PM
opjose

Please see this thread:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5826610/anchors_5930759/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#5930759]CLICK ME![/link]

About the retracts....

Old 06-04-2007, 11:02 AM
opjose

I've ordered and will be installing a set of Robart 510 pneumatic retracts in this plane.

I'll post pictures of the process.