Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Overall, are you happy with....

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Overall, are you happy with....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:56 PM
GhostRider32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overall, are you happy with....

the quality of Nitroplanes models and service? I'm thinking about getting one and want to know the real story from people who build and fly them. Are they really a quality plane, built well, how are the manuals, ect.....? Are all Nitroplanes the CMP planes or are they manufactured by other companies? Thanks guys.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:55 PM
shotgun06

Default RE: Overall, are you happy with....

I have 3 models from Nitroplanes and overall I am really satisfied. My first one is the CMP Giles 202 50 and it is a beautiful and high quality aircraft. The instruction manual was good and I highly recommand it. The second one is the Long EZ 46. Quality of the aircraft is good but the instruction manual is terrible and sometimes totally wrong. Obviously it is not coming from the same manufacturer. The third one is the CMP Extra 330L 50. I have not started the assembly but the quality seems to be on par with the Giles and I must say that the fiberglass fuselage is beautifuly done. As a conclusion I am really glad I bought those airplane even with the terrible manual, considering the price I paid I would buy again. Only advice would be that if you don't have any experience at building r/c airplane, you might want to check on that forum for the specific airplane you are considering if the manual is good and get some help from an experienced builder/flyer at your local club.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 PM
GhostRider32

Thanks, anyone else?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
opjose

18+ planes from Nitroplanes under my belt.

All have been good values and excellent flyers.

However at this point I'd like to believe that just maybe I may know what I'm doing putting them together...

The manuals stink.

I hope you are experienced enough that you barely need nothing more than the C.G. to build and get your plane flying.

If so, and you frequently substitute your own parts at will, and are good a going over an ARF looking for things to "improve", you'll love these planes.

If you expect precise handholding, or only have an arf or two under your belt ( e.g. you haven't learned all of the little building "tricks"... ), you may be disappointed.

Their customer service has been good at addressing missing items, or wrongly shipped components...

You will not find that you can NOT call however, if you cannot figure out a part of the assembly process, so be forwarned. The people who answer the phone are warehouse workers involved in getting things packed and shipped out.

A couple of the CMP planes that I own have nothing more than a blueprint like sheet showing the plane dissassembly. THAT's IT!

That said, the number of questions on this forum about build problems are extremely LOW.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:02 AM
aryajet

ORIGINAL: GhostRider32

Thanks, anyone else?
Pros:
I have bought 3 planes from them, two 56" Yak 54 and a 120 Falcon (big Bobcat) the planes you receive are excellent considering the money you spend and I personally believe the Falcon is an amazing high quality airplane for under 250 bucks.
They will notify you with tracking # in very timely manner and shipping is relatively quick as well.

Cons:
Do not ever expect to get in touch with them on the phone if you need to do so for some reason, I could never get some one to respond to my calls even though I had my CC in my hand ready to order, just sit there and listen recorded voice for over 30 minutes.
Follow up through email is as useless as above.
Assembly instructions are garbage but if you have 2 or 3 plane worth of building experience under your belt you will not need them any way.
Good thing is the support Forum they have here in RCU and John (nitorstaff1) has been providing much better customer service than their main office.

BUT!! I'm still a happy camper with the quality and the value of the products they sell and I will buy from them again.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:01 AM
GhostRider32

Thanks, guys. I have built several kits and ARFs so it sounds like I will be ok with one if their planes.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Let's see, I've bought ummmm, close to 10 birds from NitroPlanes, as others have said the instructions are the pits. And if you haven't built before it could lead to disaster as sometimes some really important items are missing from the instructions.

As for the birds themselves, I'm very happy with them. They are pretty much plain jane versions, and are easy to mod. All mine are electric. I stared out with the 52" P38, built the 90" version, a couple of Predators 63 & 74", Thunderbolt, and just ordered the big Corsair.

For what you pay they are not a bad deal.