Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Yak-54 50

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak-54 50

I have been looking at the clearance sale they have going on now. I was going to make a purchase on the last one they had but didn't make it in time, they ran out of the model I wanted.

Anyway, the Yak 50 that is on sale for [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/ya50nimorare.html]$89[/link] keeps catching my eye. I'm sure this is just the old version they are trying to get rid of. The same size Yak, or close to it, is going for [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/yak542c464c5.html]$124[/link] right now. The dimensions are very close between them, the color scheme is a little different.

My question is; does anyone know the actual differences between them? Is it worth the $40 to buy the new version, or should I get the one on sale?

I've been flying for a few years now and have flown just about all types of planes. I'm not worried about my ability to fly the plane, just the quality of the model.

Thanks for any information.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:51 PM
opjose

Default RE: Clearence Sale

Dunno about the Yak, but I purchased an $88.00 Giles 202 which was a heck of a bargain.

I had comments on it including, "WOW amazingly strong gear you have on there" ( they are Carbon Fiber ).

Last weekend one guy offered to buy it for 3 times the amount I would have sold it for.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: opjose

Last weekend one guy offered to buy it for 3 times the amount I would have sold it for.
Should have sold it to him and bought another one.

I have read comments about the larger Yak and the same size Yak on here. Guess nobody knows what the difference is so maybe I should just get one.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 PM
opjose

Actually I ended up doing just that.

Now I'll need another ( larger ) Giles 202.