Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

nitro planes SU-26 50CC specs

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

nitro planes SU-26 50CC specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
DCoy70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitro planes SU-26 50CC specs

Hey guys, just ordered mine, should be here in a couple of days. I'm considering the RCGF 62cc engine. Bobzila, what servos did you use on yours, or would recommend, and if you would think the 62cc would balance without adding weight to the bird. Based on what ive read around the new 62cc has 38lbs of thrust, we should be pretty descent. Please keep this thread going pilots, Thanks
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 AM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Hey Dcoy70!!! I will be getting one of the 62cc's as soon as they come in also... I really want to get one of these planes... the ground shipping is right on the money as far as price goes, about 40bucks... Everyone else likes to charge 100bucks? why? I like the overall look of this plane also, its got a sleek look to it and it has better looking landing gear than there yak.

T.J.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:48 PM
DCoy70

I was looking at the HD power servos 9150 all around, one thing I cant find on the specs of this plane , how many servos per wing, and overall. No builds yet on this one. [&o]
Old 10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
T3beatz

I think its the same as the 50cc yaks that Nitro plane sells, 1 servo per wing, 1 per elevator, and 1 or 2 on rudder... The power hd 9150's would be just fine all around...
Old 10-13-2008, 05:10 AM
PropNut71

One servo for each wing, 2 servos on rudder and elevator
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM
DCoy70

Would a single 9150 be enough for the rudder on this plane, btw the plane just came in today, this thing is huge, and so far. looks great. One item I did notice, the brace of the canopy that goes into the fuselage to screw in was completely loose. Might be wise to use small triangular balsa to reinforce on both sides. The covering looks very good also, great job there. Im thinking that the size of the cowl will definetly need to have baffles made, since I can stick my head thru the front of it. If anyone has a build thread, please help us rookies.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38635.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1051398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62738.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1051399   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90465.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1051400  
Old 10-13-2008, 10:51 PM
T3beatz

I flew my 30% yak-54 with a single Power HD 2550a for a while and had no problems... I ganged them up after a while and had a little better rudder athority... the 2550a is rated at 165oz.... With the one 9150, you should be fine.. at 220oz there should be plenty of power there... What kind of flying will you be doing?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:23 PM
DCoy70

Well, just basic pattern stuff and the now and then think I’m good enough hover, but I’m no 3D dude by any stretch of the imagination, maybe with the right engine, I will begin to feel comfortable enough to try and bring the bird down low. I’m currently finishing a World Models 81" Patty Wagstaff, and that one has a DA50 on it, so this is going to be my second giant, and is way bigger than the Patty. So I’m wondering, and hoping that the RCGF 62 is enough for the job. Hope Piston gets them in soon and runs one. Since these are brand new, don’t know if I should be the ginnipig, but if Piston say they are ok, I’m going to believe him, and give it a try. [:@]

BTW thanks for the info on the servos, Om going to pull the trigger and order them already. Sent an email to TBM to see if they would match the hobbycity price since Friday, but haven’t gotten a response. I'll wait till tomorrow and see, since I would like to get the switch and batteries, and all the rest of the build stuff together. I would like to get an Emcotec DPSI BIC switch, but they are not easy to find at a reasonable price.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 AM
T3beatz

Yeah, I plan on getting this plane and going the same route you are with the RCGF 62cc... Like I said, I have the RCGF65 and its a pretty good engine for what its worth... I'm going to get one of the 62's once he gets them in... I'll be a test dummy also, I don't doubt the engines though.. I bet they will live up to the hype... TBM should match the price on them, I've heard of some people doing this in the past. If not I'll just get mine direct from Hobby city, I'll just pay the EMS express shipping and still save if I buy 5 of them. Hobby City, 33.00 x 5 = 165.00 + 18.00 ems shipping = 183... TBM, 49.00 x 5 = 245 + 7 or 8 bucks for shipping = 253.00 . Still a big difference in price. But if you have any problems TBM will give you better customer service I guess...

I don't get how Nitro planes sells these things for so cheap, Even the Shipping is Reasonable, only thing they lack sometimes, is the hardware package, add 30 or 40 more bucks on some after market stuff and your good to go... Other U.S distributors Jack the prices up So Much on these chinese imports... I see the yak that I have, on some sites going for 549.00 bucks + shipping!!! I paid 300.00... WoW! I always look around before I buy a plane... Its not me being cheap, Just trying to be smart in order to have more fun...

T.J.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
FOOPED
My Feedback: (8)

DCOY70 Ihave a Futaba 7C 2.4 RADIO AND THE HD 9150 SERVO GO FULL 90 DEGREE WHEN YOU TURN ON TH RECEIVER. I CALLED TBM AND THEY COULD NOT HELP ME OUT. THE SERVO WORKS FINE ON MY OLD 72. THERE IS A PROPLEM ONLY WHEN THE RECEIVER IS BINDING AND THEN THE SERVO WORKS FINE. HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT CHANNELS BUT STILL THE SAME PROBLEM. SURE GLAD I DID'NT HAVE THE CONTROLS HOOKED UP TO THE SERVO WHEN I TURNED ON THE RECEIVER.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
T3beatz

Hey fooped,

Are you sure thats the servo doing that? or the Receiver? If you turn the reaceiver on it has to be giving some signal and power to the servo to make it do that or else the servo can't move... Do you have any other 2.4 recievers lying around to test or just that one? If its working fine on the 72, then I would think its your 2.4 system... Just a suggestion.

T.J.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 PM
FOOPED

thanks for the reply T.J. Yes I also have the Futaba 6ex 2.4 and it do'es the same thing. It has me wondering if the servo may have something wrong with it. I have run Futaba 3010, 3004,3152,9150,and Hi tec 645 with no problem at all. I only bought this one HD-9150 so I ca'nt compare with another one. I will check it on some of the other guy receivers tomorrow. I received my SU-26 today. The landing gear came loose in the box and put some dimples in the turdel deck,other than that it looks to be a very nice plane. I hope that my DL-50 will swing a big enough prop. The kit calls for a 27-10 prop. Will a 23-8 work. This cowel is so big, I'm not sure this is goin to put enough airflow around the cowel.This is only a second large scale plane. My other one is Golgberg 77" 540 Edge. Still building it.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 PM
T3beatz

I think a 23x8 will be fine... a 27x10 prop is very,very big for a 50cc size plane, Thats a 100cc engines prop... If the weight is what they say it is, the DL should be plenty power for the airframe.The cow on my yak was big also... since I had a 65cc engine I used a 24x8 and it was fine. Yeah, That servo problem is wierd, it happens during binding? so that means the RX is getting power but no signal for a second... Kinda like with 72mhz with the TX turned off. If all the other servos that you try are fine then there might just be a prob with the 9150, the futaba 3152 is the only other digital that you have tried and its fine also. The cow on my yak was big also... since I had a 65cc engine I used a 24x8 and it was fine.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
FOOPED

Has anyone flown the SU-26 and if so let us know some of your teck on the plane, engine prop and sofourth. This is really a plane ARF that looks to be well made for the bucks. Only flying and time will tell how well built it really is. I was pleased with my nitro models 120 Ultimate biplane, I put a CRRC-26 in her and came out with 10.5 # flying wt. engine pulls her in a hover but I am still a little nose heavy so I'm moving CG back a little at a time. Sorry I got Off the subject. Back to SU-26. The INS. do'est say or show much about the fire wall or right thrust so I plan on 2.5 degrees but I wonder with a 50cc if the plane needs this much, maybe only 2 degrees. Any coment on this Thanks Don
Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 PM
DCoy70

Well, jus ordered the 9150 servos, carbon wing tube and some extra stuff from Bill at TBM, and should be receiving it by the end of the week. I will also have John Mitchell from Aeroprotec coming by to take a look at the plane and help out with some pointers. This guy is a sick modeler, check out his work at http://www.aeroprotect.com/shopconte...type=workbench hope to begin build next week, and wait for the engine (62cc RCFG) to come in. Need to get the batteries and switches, hoping to purchase the DPSI BIC, and some fromecos. BTW do you guys think 2300 Mah Lions will be sufficient on these servos?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
FOOPED

I went with Bill at TBM and I will use the MPI REgulated switch and Two 2600 lions to power eight HS645 on my 540T EDGE. The HD9150 sure works and sounds smooth ,just wish I could find out what makes it go 90 degrees while the 2.4 receiver is binding to trans when first turned on. Hey DCOY70 ask JOHN MITCHELL if he has had much dealing with Futaba 2.4 . I am the only guy in my club flying Futaba 2.4 .
Old 10-15-2008, 05:28 PM
FOOPED

ANYONE NOTICE THAT THE WING TUBE SLEEVE IN THE PLANE IS NOT VERY HARD MINE IS ALMOST SO THIN YOU CAN PINCH IT TOGETHER. i WONDER IF I SHOULD MIX UP GLASS RESIN AND GLASS IT TO MAKE IT STRONGER. DO'ES IT NEED TO BE STRONG OR IS THIS JUST FOR A GUIDE.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:31 PM
DCoy70

He should be here in a, he is also going to help me out on my Patty Wagg, this plane is giving me a whole lot of headaches, World Models 28% 81" if anyone is looking at one, step away from the vehicle, if you know what I mean. I might have to uncover the stabs and complety redo them, they have a vertical play that surely will be scary in the air. We will see what John says, but I know for sure he will tell me to take the whole thing apart, once he sees the SU-26 we'll see what he recommends. I will ask him on the servos also. BTW I also ordered the CF wing tube for the SU from TBM. Bill if your reading, Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:59 PM
T3beatz

Hey fooped,

That tube is just a guide, If you would like you can resin it to make it stronger because over time it will come loose and may slip out when putting in the tube... My yak's is the same, I just added a little extra CA to the edges so it wouldn't slip out. No problems.

DCoy70, The 2300mah batteries should be fine... Use 2 on the receiver though... Redundancy is a must. especially with 2.4ghz
Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
FOOPED

Thanks T3BEATZ I THOUGHT I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE SLEEVE BEING A GUIDE. WHAT AMOUNT OF THRUST DO YOU THINK I SHOULD USE ON MY DL-50. THANKS AGAIN DON
Old 10-16-2008, 07:02 PM
FOOPED

Bobzila have not seen or heard a word on the thread in days. Wondering if you have run into any other problems with the SU-26. Also some specs on the fire Instalion.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:58 PM
FOOPED

Hey Dcoy70 how it go with John .
Old 10-17-2008, 08:09 PM
DCoy70

It was good, he was very impressed with the kit quality of the SU-26, and gave it thumbs up. I asked him on your servo issue, but he had never heard of anything of the sort. I will also ask some guys at my club and see what if they have heard anything. I got the servos, carbon fiber tube and other stuff today. The sad thing is that I cant start the build until I redo my garage, I have way to many planes, and no where to stick the new one, all my planes go on the ceiling but Im all out of room with the helis and planes. Currently working on the patty and shoul dbe ready by this weekend. Finally I will fly gas, well see how that goes. The best thing I have going for me is that Tony Fandino flies with us there, he won the NATS this year, and he is always willing to help out also. I see that no one else has posted on this thread, so looks like we are alone on this one guys. I should be able to start the build next week. The engine should be available by the end of the month. That gives me plenty of time to get all the electronics and linkages done.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 PM
FOOPED

If you would and if anyone in your club has futaba 2.4 ask them if they would test the HD-9150 on their radio this would tell me if I am right. The servo will go 90 degree and then center when the receiver is turned on. It doe'nt hurt the servo. Thanks
Old 10-18-2008, 05:24 PM
bobzilla
My Feedback: (63)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I missed this tread..as I was getting a new pc up. My Su-26 is finished and it was way tail heavy. I put both ignition and main batteries on top the motorbox and still had to add almost a pound to nose (I used a pair of brass 3" standoff to add the weight needed.) I'm using a DA-50.

1. Finding an area of flat plywood to mount the 3 switches was a pain (yes, I use 2 main batteries thru 2 switchs to my receiver). I finally filled in one of the numerous oblong holes near the front behind cowl..and make a new cutout for switches.
2. I put in 2 degrees of right offset for motor box (right side looking for drivers side..set in 1/2") 3/8" will get you near 2.5 degrees).
3. I did not use the wimpy plywood plate they gave for front of motor box..if you compare to a good 1/4" triple plywood..you will see just how thin and wimpy it is..(An they market this plane for an 85cc..."don't believe it".
4. I cut out servo holes for the throttle and choke servos on the floor inside behind the motor box almost even with the front of the hatch. This way I can get my hands/tool into that area to work on them.
5. I mounted the tank exactly over the wingtube..making small mounts and foam to set tank on..then velcro straps around. I don't like mount tanks way forward of cg..so when you run out of gas..you're dealing with a tail heavier plane to land.
6. I don't like having only 1 plastic or metal screw to hold the wing attached..so I drilled an extra 1/4" hole thru fuselage and into the wing..in area near the existing wing attachment bolt hole.
I then cut the head off of a plastic 1/4 bolt, screw it in and gorilla glued it in. It now servers as an extra "safety" hold for the wing..with a plastic washer and wingnut.
7. Big ailerons create a huge chance for flutter..so I sealed my wings, rudder and elevators with 3m clear tape underneath. You could also use monocote, but I find the tape holds better..and it under the wings so not noticeable.
8. Mounting the cowl was a *****. Those little white rubbers go into enlarged holes and the screws go into the block on fuselage..everything it too tight and almost impossible to slide cowl on. Don't forget to put together the 4 pieces of lightply that forms the topside cowl mount. I then drilled and tapped the wood for 1/4" plastic bolt and screw it down
thru the canopy on top.
9. I re-enforced the rear hatch brackets with inside and used plenty of gorilla glue.
10. The holes in the fuselage DO NOT line up with the blind nuts on the hatch brackets. Also the supplied bolts are metric and are hard to replace if you lose.
I replaced my blind nuts with 4.40. size.
11. Be aware that many photos in the manual are not the same plane..so use common sense when building this arf.
12. I did not use the phonelic arms supplied with kit..as you would be attaching them to a plastic arm with small screws. I do not like using plastic arms are my
HS-5955 and 8611a servos..as the arm plastic will strip too easily under extreme usage. I only use good metal arms..AirWildPilotShop has great ones.

For those that are merely looking at this arf and saying how will built it is..have not BUILT IT YET. It is the worse instructions I have ever seen on any arf..and I have built a many. There are many areas poorly designed, not well thought out, and clearly lots of instructions left out....i.e. robarts, front of hatch, motorbox plate. HOPE THIS ALL HELPS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.