Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Stuck with our Lama-5 helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Stuck with our Lama-5 helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:34 AM
bobkelly1964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck with our Lama-5 helicopter

Hi, We are stuck with our new Lama-5 (website calls it: The New 4 Channel Air Wolf Electric Ready to Fly Helicopter w/ Lipo) helicopter. I've charged the battery. When I connect the battery to the helicopter, I hear a slight sound, which indicates it is getting power. However, no lights go on. The transmitter indicates it has power with a light.

Reading the very poor instructions on page 6, Flight preparation, I get the idea that the transmitter should go on first with the various controls in the "lowest", "power off", or - from the German instructions - "null position". The instructions refer to four controls: "throttle stick", "trimmer", "elevation", and "aileron stick". It's not clear in every case what is off or lowest. I've mainly tried setting every thing to the middle. Any hints here? Is it correct that the controller should go on first?

Anyway, once I set the controls to what I think are neutral and turn on the transmitter, I plug the battery in on the helicopter, hear the slight sound, but then nothing further happens. The helicopter doesn't respond to any controls. Looking at the Problem solving section on page 10, it tells me to check if the frequency is correct. On the transmitter it mentions "4 Channels". However, nothing indicates how you select a channel. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob
Old 10-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stuck with our Lama-5 helicopter

Your frequency is correct unless you changed it. The throttle (usually the left stick) needs to be pulled all the way down. The right stick should neutralize to center on its own with spring tension. The Speed control is set up with a fail safe of sorts so that the throttle will not work unless it initiates in the off/null position. Also, yes, you must turn on the transmitter first and then the helicopter.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:43 AM
bobkelly1964

I tried this again as you suggested (controls in neutral, transmitter on first), but the helicopter doesn't respond at all. No lights come on. Just a slight noise as I plug in its battery.

Any other suggestions before I return it?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
nitrostaff1

what's your order number? I can issue RMA and exchange you with a new unit.

John
Nitro Planes
ORIGINAL: bobkelly1964

I tried this again as you suggested (controls in neutral, transmitter on first), but the helicopter doesn't respond at all. No lights come on. Just a slight noise as I plug in its battery.

Any other suggestions before I return it?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 AM
bobkelly1964

Thanks. My order number is: 436545.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:54 PM
bobkelly1964

Have you got that RMA number? You can e-mail it to me at [email protected]. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 PM
nitrostaff1

Yes RMA issued.

John
Nitro Planes