Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Bad experience with Customer Service and products. I WANT A REFUND!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Bad experience with Customer Service and products. I WANT A REFUND!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:17 AM
CRELLIOTT0302

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad experience with Customer Service and products. I WANT A REFUND!!!!

I recently ordered the new Exceed F-18 70MM ducted fan airplane (order placed on 10/02/08). The ESC/BEC was bad and caused a motor malfunction as well as a glitch in the controls, during the initial testing. For fear that there might be a problem keeping positive control of the airplane during flight, I have not yet flown this airplane. I have called Nitroplanes several time[:@] over the past couple of weeks and was told that I was shipped a new "replacement" ESC (the exact replacement for this specific model) only to recieve an ESC of lesser value, amperage, and without a BEC. NO PROBLEM WAS SOLVED!!! I called the nitroplanes customer service, yet again, and was told that the replacement I was sent was in fact the correct one. I told the CS rep he was incorrect and that I could read the serial number/part number for the so called replacement and that the one I recieved was incorrect. They finally apologized and sent me the correct one, but it has been over a week now and it has not shown up. I have had this plane for almost a month now, my order was placed on 10/02/2008, and I have not been able to even fly this thing yet due to poor Customer Service and poor/cheap product quality. I WANT A REFUND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, due to my experience. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ONE FOR ALMOST TWO WEEKS NOW!!!! I ALSO WANT MY SHIPPING REFUNDED SEEING AS I PAID FOR TWO DAY SHIPPING ($52.98) AND IT TOOK ALMOST 7 DAYS TO GET HERE!!!! UNACCEPTABLE.!!!! IF THIS IS NOT PROPERLY TAKEN CARE OF asap!!! i WILL BE GETTING A LAWYER INVOLVED AS WELL AS THE FCC.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:28 AM
allans
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Bad experience with Customer Service and products. I WANT A REFUND!!!!

Just a suggestion -Pls read this forum careful back through time. The decide about Nitro Models in general.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 AM
CRELLIOTT0302

Default RE: Bad experience with Customer Service and products. I WANT A REFUND!!!!

I read lots of good stuff about Nitromodels and made my decision, but unfortunately it looks as though I was wrong.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 PM
opjose

IMHO you were not wrong, but you did end up with a plane that has a NOW known problem... at the time this wasn't known...

The BEST way to handle anything is to PM John here.

He DOES take care of issues and problems.

The phone and web people never seem in the loop so, speak to one and the other has no point idea what you are talking about.

John is aware of the problem with the included ESC and on board BEC.

Be aware however that you may want to merely purchase an inexpensive standalone BEC and wire it in yourself. Use the original ESC after disabling it's BEC.

The plane flies great if you do this...

Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 PM
nitrostaff1

PM me your order number and I'll issue rma for a refund. FYI you placed order on wednesday and we shipped out thursday and 2nd day air will get to you on monday so we your product did arrive ontime.

John
Nitro Planes