Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Whats up with shipping?

Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Whats up with shipping?

Old 10-29-2008, 02:05 PM
kbailey45
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up with shipping?

I was looking at some of the 40 size planes nitro offers and was thinking about getting the Yak 52 .50. I was glad to see that the tail issue was fixed and one of the main reasons I was looking at these planes were the price. I can deal with having to do a little extra work on the plane for a lower price. My question is why in the world does it cost over $30 to ship a plane this size UPS ground. Im not bashing Nitro Models by any means given that i really dont know what it would cost but I would think it wouldnt be that much. I will probably still order the plane but another thing is gas has dropped dramatically over the past month shouldnt shipping fees. I am just now realizing there is a lot more out there than Tower Hobbies and have gotten used to there 10 dollar shipping on stuff this size I guess. Also any comments on this plane would be great it looks like a great home for my Saito 82 or OS 55AX (probably the 82).
Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
opjose

Default RE: Whats up with shipping?

Welcome to the weak economy and the higher cost of UPS!

I've shipped things to them and back and what they are charging is reasonable.

I get my UPS shipments from Nitroplanes in about a week and I'm over on the East Coast.

Go online and see what package shipping would cost WITH insurance and you may be shocked.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:54 PM
nitrostaff1

Default RE: Whats up with shipping?

40 size or above plane doesn't weight 30 lbs but UPS will take that weight because of the size. Sorry UPS constantly increases their fuel surcharge.

John
Nitro Planes