Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

breitling nitroplanes cap 232

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

breitling nitroplanes cap 232

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:51 PM
ratalsauto
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default breitling nitroplanes cap 232

breitling cap 232 63"

i got a Breitling Cap 232 - 60 - 63" ARF from nitro planes and The Manual does not show much ,how to install the servo ! and if some could send some picture of there cap 232 how the servo goes mounted in the ailerons, elevator, and rudder. i could use the help

thank you al
Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 AM
opjose

Default RE: breitling nitroplanes cap 232

You may want to look at manuals for other similiar planes which may provide help.

Have you put together several ARF's before?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 PM
rcnutt39

just wondering how you made out on the Cap 232? I have been looking at this plane for some time and was wondering how you like it? Are the servos for the rudder and elevator placed in the rear? Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 06:49 AM
kid chuckles

You can probabaly find a PDF file at Horizon Hobby, Hanger9, or one of the more upscale manufacturers for this plane. The Cap is pretty abundant. Nitro's manuels are for well don't really know who they are for. They don't have very good manuels to say the least. Unless your about able to buid an ARF without inst. there manuels are not much help. But you can find the file for this type plane in other manufactuers sites in ENGLISH and DETAILED.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 AM
edstrek
My Feedback: (49)

Hi group I just received my CAP 232 60 from Nitro planes. Packaged well no shipping issues . and it arrived quickly. Yes the manual is quite sad. The plane looks great seems to be put together well. 2 wing well servo mounts are there. one servo tray for the throttle servo the rudder and elevator you can do a couple ways. install on the outside rear or you can run them from a servo tray through the fuse. There will be some reinforcing  before I put it together. Comes with ca hinges not so sure about those may change the hinges  and control horns. WIll try to keep this board posted. on the progress. Ed 
Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 AM
edstrek

ratalsauto  Did you get your wing servo mount figured out I just mounted one of mine last night.. Use the 4 small blocks and moint them to the wing mount door with the slot cut in it use a servo for spacing and position. Mount an arm on the servo and align it with the slot so it lines up straight with the slot. This will give you the place to mount the blocks. CA glue to hold in place and then reinvorce with epoxy not too much or it will make it rise up on the wing edge ( I did this and had to shave some of the epoxy of for it to sit flush in the wing) be sure to fish the servo wire through with the string tht the factory provided. If you need pics let me know I will try to get some to you. Ed
Old 06-08-2009, 11:59 AM
edstrek

rcnutt39 Yes the elev and ruder servos are mounted at the rear out of the fuse. I am working on mine.  
Old 06-08-2009, 12:14 PM
edstrek

Ok got into the building on my cap the last few days. I am going to use better hinges  than the ca hunges that come with the plane. Will also use upgraded controm horns the factory ones would likely be fine though. I have reinforced the landing gear mount area quite a bit. I am going to use a glow endin so I had to enclose the mount box as it is set up for the option of electric, Do not  want fuel all throughthe fuse. Made the wing servo mounts and got one installed. Was fairly easy to route the servo wire through the wing. Planning to change the wing mount to 1/4 20 nylon bolts instead of the 4mm steel bolts that came with it.  Well that is about as far as I have gotten. Questions or thinking about one feel free to ask. Ed
Old 06-17-2009, 12:00 PM
edstrek

Hope to be working on the CAP again tomorrow had soem other projects that needed done this last week. Going to try and get it done for the weekend my son will be in town and would like top be with me for the maden flight . He flys a 27% extra.  
Old 06-23-2009, 11:26 AM
edstrek

OK took the Cap 232 out to the field on Sunday and the covering did develope a few bubbles in the 85 degree hear bright and sonny. Ran the engine some. Took a few pics but was not ready to fly it. It did ballance with no weight added just had the battery in front of the throttle servo mount and the receiver under it. HAve a super tiger 75 mounted on it. Will try to get it in the air next weekend.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
edstrek

Nitro Planes CAP 232 Maiden
Finally managed my first slight in on this bird. Nice easy first flight. Just flew the pattern control throws were a little too much even with the expo at 15%. Just trying to get a feel for it. Still having a little trouble keeping the idle steady on the Super Tiger 75 with perry pump and an APC 12/6. Flew it is Denver at my sons club's field 400 foot paved runway. I normally fly off of a 800 foot dirt runway. It came in dead stick but I was lined up on the approach so just did the glide in and it did bounce but no damage just a little bend in the gear. HORAY got a no damage first flight.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:13 PM
opjose

SuperTigre's can be a PITA to get right.

Concentrate on getting a good transition at the expense of a reliable idle.

Then watch how the plane behaves on the ground at idle when you have it tuned for good transition and high end.

If it bogs down over time ( I bet it will ! ), the idle mixture is too rich, and in spite of what SuperTigre suggests ( adjusting the angle of the "eye" which just ruins things ) there is little you can do except to modify the throttle barrel.

I've resorted to cutting a small 4mm "half moon" sliver at the most closed point on the throttle barrel. I just grind out a bit of opening with a Dremel tool. The opening does NOT go through the entire barrel. It only provides a bit more air when the barrel is almost closed.

This leans out the mixture when the engine is idling, solving the bogging down and poor idle problem.

I discovered this after reading about a similiar fix for an Aviastar ( sp? ) engine, posted with pictures and full instructions in an issue of Sport Flyer magazine.

That same fix has cured my SuperTigre deadsticks and idle problems.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:24 PM
edstrek

opjose: Thanks for the tip on the SP. I may try the dremel. I have severial 40's and 45's that have no problems with idle. The 75 is extreemly lean on the idle side. I did richen up the high speed about 2 clicks after the first flight, believe it leaned out too much in flight.. But with the cowell on I could not adjust the idle, every adjustment of the high has a solid effect on the idle. They definately work together on this engine. I am going to be tweeking it a bit yet before trying the grinder. Thanks for the reply and sugestion though. Ed
Old 08-05-2009, 02:11 PM
opjose

Remember to adjust the LS for best transition, then watch what happens at idle, but do not adjust for it.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:47 AM
meherenow7

Hi Ed, sounds like you've got plenty of experience putting this plane together. I hope you've had some success with flying it since your last post. I'm just about to start building this plane and am a little lost with the instructions.

I think i'm missing a couple pieces like the wing spar and servo tray in the fuselage. If you could post some pics of the servo mounts in the wings and fuselage and also of the fuel tank it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mat.