Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Yak 69" wrong one shipped! New Yak version????

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Yak 69" wrong one shipped! New Yak version????

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yak 69" wrong one shipped! New Yak version????

Nitromodels, I have shipped back my Yak to you as it's not the Yak 69" version anymore. It's more like 72" and FTW would be around 10.5 lbs.

So, if you don't intend to carry the 69" Yak anymore, please update your website with the new model specs and pictures as it is similar, but diffrent. the Yak is bigger, heavier and not suited for the power plants that were used in the Yak 69". The new yak also has removable stabs, a detailed cowling with vents, diffrent gear, much diffrent hardware (69" one has better hardware then this one).

If you are going to be getting more of the 69" yaks like pictured on the website, please let me know and I will order one of them.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
nitrostaff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yak 69" wrong one shipped! New Yak version????

what's your order number? I'll send this to the web guy and have them take a look at the listing.

John
Nitro Planes

Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
noahb

I was not given one. I ordered over the phone. However, you guys did take care of it. Was sent off to you yesterday.

The Yak 69" was a copy of a QQ Yak. I had one prior and it flew great, but i crashed it. So i ordered another one. If you could just look at these pictures and then go open up a few boxes to see if it's just a mixed up or they changed the design.

here is the one I ordered a long time ago, and then about a week and half ago.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/ni20moya1206.html

Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
gchavarin
My Feedback: (2)

Well look like I'm not the only person disagre with nitroplane regarding to the yak 54 69" showed in their web, I'm also bought this plane thinking that I will get a 69" QQ copy and wrong, they send me a bigger yak 54 72", heavier, bad quality hardware. I tried to get and reasonable explanation in their "live help" and they tell me that is a little different only, jaja.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 PM
noahb

Sorry you got taken by them as well. I did get my money back. Make sure you tell them that it's not what you ordered because it's NOT! Then tell them that they need to send you a UPS SHipping label. If they refuse, then call your CC company and cancel the payment and let them worry about picking up the airplane.

NITROPLANES, I have sent you guys several emails, talked to you on the phone at least 3 times about changing your website to reflect what people are actually ordering. Just because the plane has a color scheme that looks like the one on your website does not mean it's the same one.

The one you are shipping to people is not 69", more like 72-73". It's a good 1-1.5 lbs heavier then the one showing on your website. Please correct said issue so that people know what they are getting.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 AM
jktenor

I also have just recieved the larger sized yak today. I was expecting the somewhat smaller version. This yak is to me a nicer plane, not because of the size, but the plug in stab and airoiled control surfaces. Yes, the hardware is lacking. I would prefer the ball links and not ca hinges. It will also be a pound heavier. They list the 69 inch as weighing 9 to 10 pounds. The new plane should be 71.9 inches in wingspan and 64.09 in lenth and have wing area of 1077.3 sq inches. the wing loading at the 10 pounds or more it will weigh in at will be around 20oz which is trainer like in nature. I doubt that a 120 will give you screaming passes down the runway, but it should be capable of relatively good performance for pattern and some 3d. I do feel the plane more siuted toward a 160 sized two stroke, but the one I have is a 120.
Is this the plane they are replresenting on the website? Absolutely not. It superficialy appears the same, but there are many differences. The manual states it is 120 to 140 2c. Also the other plane was a direct copy of the somenzini yak 69, I believe somenzini himself commented on this issue in a closed post. I figure that is the reason for the change of plane. This plane is similar in dimensions to the aeromodels yak 54 120 size which has a 72 inch wingspan.
I will probably go ahead and keep the thing and see what it can do with my ax120 in it. Hopefully it wont fly like a spacewalker.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:02 AM
noahb

The plane they show on there website actually comes out around 8-8.5 lbs despite what the advertise. It too has airfoiled tail surfaces except for the rudder. Yes, the one the people rec. is nice. But when I had a YS 1.10 expecting a 8.2 lb airplane and when I weighed everything together and was getting a tad north of 10 lbs I sent her back. It's a nice airplane, but just not the one they show on there website.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
jktenor

to update the nitro planes sending me the 72 inch airplane and not the 69 inch one. I contacted live chat which was an exercise in frustration. I asked them to take it back stating that they had clearly sent me the wrong item. I was told by "daryl" that if it superficially resembled the other plane in color that it was my fault for ordering it, even though the one I recieved was completely different in structure and size and that I could return it if I payed for shipping.

I will call the 626 number and see if there is anyone else I can talk to. After that it is bbb, consumer protection agency and credit card company.

I don't trust them to refund the money even if I do send it back.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:38 PM
nitrostaff1

For those of you who got the wrong plane. Please let me know your order number and I'll issue a credit compensation to make up the description error. Let me know

John
Nitro Planes

Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 PM
gchavarin

Jonh, here is a order number yhst-17210252890263-75669
Old 04-03-2009, 11:34 AM
jktenor

Hi John,

My order number is yhst-17210252890263-76384 from Nitro Model R C Planes

Please email me what you have in mind.

jk
Old 04-05-2009, 05:36 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yhst-17210252890263-72372

I also ordered this plane thinking it would work with an engine currently owned to discover that its greater size and weight requires a larger engine. I've chosen to keep the model and acquire another engine but would like the credit to help offset the additional expense.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM
jktenor

Here is my final update on the 72 inch yak saga.

After calling the nitroplanes help number and explaning everything to them, they still refused to pay for return shipping of this incorrect item. I ended up taking it back and hand delivering it to nitroplanes, about 30 miles south of where I live because the gas was less expensive. I have never heard of a company misrepresenting an item and refusing to pay for return shipping.

I made an appointment to come in and had it oked by a manager. When I arrived I found all of the gates locked on the road where the address is displayed and also the physical location of the building. I drove around the block until I found a side street entrence someone had left open and approached from the back of this huge industrial warehouse complex. Of course I was conveniently not told about any side entrance or that it was gated in. They looked surprised to see me walk in the door. I expect I am one of the very few that have had a first hand look at this interesting operation.

Anyway I did hand deliver the airplane and got a reciept stating that I have a refund but that it will not show up on my credit card for 5 to 10 days.

I asked if they woudl trade it for a smaller plane, the 68 inch katana, and they refused, so I took the refund and got out.

I have not seen any credit compensation for my wasted time or effort driving down there as stated by Nitrostaff1. I suppose at this point it is mute except to say, buyer beware and thank you "Albert" for your help.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:56 PM
noahb

good luck getting anywhere with Nitroplanes. I had to call them so many times it's not even funny! As for the shipping. I told them that I was going to cancel my CC. CC will investigate. However, I clearly stated that what I received and what I ordered where not the same thing and I was not responsible for something I did not order. So I put it to them this way. They had two choices:

1. They can send me the UPS label and I would drop pkg. off at UPS or

2. I can cancel my CC payment and they would have to call UPS to come get pkg.

This is twice they have sent me items that I did not order.

The first one was the NitroPlanes Falcon 120 which I converted to turbine. However, I had damaged a wing on that so I order another one just for the wings. I ordered the orange and white one. They sent me the black one. When I asked they said "we did not have that color in stock (even though there web site said it was) so we sent you this one". Well I told them the same thing. They sent me a label, but I sold it to a buddy of mine localy.

There tech support is terriable. Yes, you can get a ok plane for cheap, but it can cost you in the long run.

I for one am done with Nitroplanes.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 PM
noahb

Oh, and nitroplanes... Good job changing the wing span spec on the web site! However, everything else is still wrong. The pic show in not the same. Just cause it looks similar does not mean it's the same.

Please take your time, go open one of the many boxes that have been sent back to you guys and lay it out, take some pictures and be done with this issue.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 AM
AA5BY

An amazing story.... why would Nitro not trade an equal value Yak for the Katana when there was no shipping involved and it would resolve a mistake they made and satisfy a customer's legitimate complaint that they had sent him the wrong plane requiring an engine he did not have?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:21 AM
jktenor

I think the answer is they don't give a rats ass, and never thought I would find them or get in in the first place. Remember that policy of absulutely no drop ins?

Furhter, I wouldn't expect any recompense from them for your inconvenience.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
nitrostaff1

For those of you who got the wrong plane. If you want to keep it, your refund will be $40. Otherwise I can have UPS pickup the plane and return for full refund. Sorry for the incovience we've caused. please me me your order number so let me know what you guys want me to do.

John
Nitro Planes

Old 04-07-2009, 10:56 PM
gchavarin

Jonh I'm going to keep the plane and accept refund me $40 like compesnsation, my order number was yhst-17210252890263-75669
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 AM
AA5BY

I will also keep the plane and desire the $40 refund. Order # yhst-17210252890263-72372

Thank You
Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
nitrostaff1

Done.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: gchavarin

Jonh I'm going to keep the plane and accept refund me $40 like compesnsation, my order number was yhst-17210252890263-75669
Old 04-08-2009, 04:19 PM
nitrostaff1

Refund sent.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: AA5BY

I will also keep the plane and desire the $40 refund. Order # yhst-17210252890263-72372

Thank You
Old 04-08-2009, 05:08 PM
jktenor

I was never offered the actual 40 dollar incentive and was also refused a direct trade while I was at the nitroplanes facility.

I was never offered a ups return label for my plane and had to drive it 30 miles south to these people to avoid the shipping. The online chat as well as the phone line person, "Albert" steadfastly refused to offer me any kind of free return shipping.

John or whatever your real name is, as I know you are all using fake names, you have misrepresented yourself to me on all of the facts and not come through on a single aspect of your offer to at least me. Even though you now have the plane I have still not been refunded the actual money into my credit card account.

I can also tell you other guys out there that 40 dollars is not going to offset the cost of high torq servos you will need for a plane of this size and also the 1.60 sized or larger engine you will need to power the thing. I also would not hold my breath on anykind of shipping label from these people, although I hope that for your sakes I am the only one that got completely screwed.

I wish you all the best of luck, except of course for nitropains.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:11 PM
nitrostaff1

Default RE: Yak 69

I see that a full refund has been issued back to your credit card already. You'll see your refund in 3 to 4 business days.

Sorry for the incovience.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: jktenor

I was never offered the actual 40 dollar incentive and was also refused a direct trade while I was at the nitroplanes facility.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
RCM IRAQ

Default RE: Yak 69

Dear Nitro,
I 'm interested in ordering the yak
http://www.nitroplanes.com/ni20moya1206.html

As fare as it is available at the moment, any updates about the quality and the supplied hardware, just some think opposite to the previous statements to add confidence
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.