Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Nitroplanes 64mm F16

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Nitroplanes 64mm F16

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:51 AM
ranvette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitroplanes 64mm F16

I just received my 64mm F16.I was really surprised ! The quality of this plane is very good the fit and finish is excellent.You can tell the manufacturer is really going all out on this one to get it right.Nitroplanes service was really top shelf to.One question i do have does anyone know what size the motor is? And its power rating?.I got the FMS Simulator along with it and that seems like a great program as well.I am new to this and yes i know i should have started out with a mild trainer plane.But i will be spending a lot of time learning before any flying time.And i will be taking really easy with my F16 and have a very large open grassy area to fly it.Thanks for any help or advice guys.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:38 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Nitroplanes 64mm F16

I know you don't want to hear this,but if someone didn't say something we would NOT be doing you any favors!!!!! That plane is awsum, no doubt. I'm sure it's extremely quick. No matter HOW MUCH TIME spent on a simulator, here is what will happen on your maiden flight;you will go to the field, get everything ready, taxi the plane on the runway, you will probably be able to get it airbourne, & then it WILL become a fairly expensive lawn dart !!!! I you must have that plane,by all means, buy it. Just put it in the closet & wait untill you go through the "mild flying trainer" Believe me, this is NOT as easy as it looks. These jets are not a "first plane" they are more like a 4th or 5th plane. Go to a local airfield, get with an instructor & learn how to "crawl before you try to run !!" You will save untold amounts of money & keep your sanity in the process. I would venture a guess that for every ten new guys into the hobby that would try to learn on their own,(let alone trying to learn on a jet). Probably 9 will either quit or add considerable time onto the "learning curve", not to mention the extra money spent. THESE ARE NOT TOYS !!!!!!!!!! Good luck
Old 08-08-2009, 08:40 AM
ranvette

I hear you 100%.I have no false ideas i can fly it like seen on you tube.I was hoping to get it up in the air and run it at half throttle or glide it back down.I also know it can and will get out of hand very easily.This was all in mind when i bought it.I figured it would be a cheap lawn dart.But of course the idea is not to destroy it.But the risk is in mind and there.I do want to spend a lot of time on the FMS before even trying anything with it.I am hoping it can run at slow speeds? I am also thinking of buying another RTF prop plane to try first.There is no rush here to run out and fly it.Just a careful thought out plan.With my limits in mind.Thank you very much for your advice
Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM
gvbjr

I am very impressed with the EDF jets that are offered by Nitro Planes. In fact it is my every intention to purchase another EDF jet, however whenever I "dial up" Nitro Planes on the "net" all I read in their ad is "SOLD OUT". This is shown on every EDF that interests me. I presently have (2) F-4 Phantoms and an F-5E. What I am really interested in is the F-16, the red/white/blue Air Force version. I tried to contact Nitro Planes directly and have not been sucessful. Anyone have any answers they can offer regarding this problem?.........NOMAC1
Old 08-11-2009, 07:52 PM
outdoorhunting

I just read another thread where a guy was saying the same thing. Why is everybody "out of stock"? I think we can blame it on the Olympics. Seriously, how many factories did they have to shut down to get their air where people could breathe? They sold All their backlog stock. The factories were closed for months. We are now at the tail end of that. In another 6 months I think the distributors will have planes out the yahoo!!! . Once they get behind, we have to wait on the next container ship to get here. Maybe or maybe not, who knows?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 PM
opjose

Yeah everyone seems to literally be in the same boat.

I guess that's what we get for relying so heavily on one part of the world for our hobby components.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:49 PM
eccvets

I'm glad someone got one which is working. My F-16 is still sitting becuase of major techinical problems with the eletronics (major problem with esc, battery buldging, and battery recharger not working.) and I can't seem to get any service at all from nitroplanes other then their tech guy telling me that my plane is f*cked and that's not suppose to happen (the tech guy litterally said that word for word...). How were you able to get good service from nitroplanes? I too just wanted to fly my little jet a few yards and then bring it in/glide it in for a landing.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:28 PM
outdoorhunting

Search for a post from "John" on Nitro Planes support. Look for tthe "PM note at the bottom of the page. PM John, make sure you have your order # & any other info that might be appropriate. John is the "go to guy" for Nitro. If anyone can solve your problem, John can. Try to be decent, (you get more bees with honey than vinegar)
Old 08-14-2009, 06:35 PM
nitrostaff1

So your plane never left the ground and you were doing preflight check and the ESC and battery went bad? How did you know it was the ESC and battery? Can I get more details? Since it never left the ground I can replace the ESC and battery for you? Also how do you know the charger is bad?

John
Nitro Planes
ORIGINAL: eccvets

I'm glad someone got one which is working. My F-16 is still sitting becuase of major techinical problems with the eletronics (major problem with esc, battery buldging, and battery recharger not working.) and I can't seem to get any service at all from nitroplanes other then their tech guy telling me that my plane is f*cked and that's not suppose to happen (the tech guy litterally said that word for word...). How were you able to get good service from nitroplanes? I too just wanted to fly my little jet a few yards and then bring it in/glide it in for a landing.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:47 PM
eccvets

PM sent with more details on how everything happened.

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

So your plane never left the ground and you were doing preflight check and the ESC and battery went bad? How did you know it was the ESC and battery? Can I get more details? Since it never left the ground I can replace the ESC and battery for you? Also how do you know the charger is bad?

John
Nitro Planes

Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 PM
nitrostaff1

Thanks

John
Nitro Planes

John
Nitro Planes

Old 08-22-2009, 05:31 AM
eccvets

sorry to highjack this thread, please see http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9016704/tm.htmfor what happened. I'm happy to say it was all resolved.

Thanks

John
Nitro Planes

John
Nitro Planes

Old 08-22-2009, 03:09 PM
eccvets

Hey guys,

Inoticed something which you should perhaps check on every edc jet you own.I notice that the plastic cover for the esc unit and wires under the foam cover on the bottom of the plane, was a bit loose and Iused some gorilla glue to make sure it was held down. I noticed this when Ihas to peal this area back to get access to the esc to swap it out. IDK how common this is but I have read of other edc jets (from exceed and other companies, not just G@C hobbies) which have had issues of this plastic peice comming off and the ducted fan eating the esc unit destorying it as well as the plane. You might want to double check this. Personnaly I'm gonna use some duct tape and cover this area to make sure that it is sealed (not the air slits, the plastic front and back parts though). The stock glue they use to seal this area seems pretty weak at best.