Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Fed Up with the NitroPlanes Haters!

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Fed Up with the NitroPlanes Haters!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Shouter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fed Up with the NitroPlanes Haters!

I am all but fed up with all the people out in the world absolutely hating on Nitroplanes (Banana Hobby, etc). Every thread that pertains to one of their models has some sort of "hate reply" in it. I have 4 Nitroplanes models, and yes, they do require a little more work (a little) than the "name brand" ARF's, but each and everyone of them flys, and I enjoy flying them! I recently purchased the Guanli A-10 BRUSHED version on the Nitroplanes Black Friday sale. I put it together in a matter of 25 minutes, charged the included NiMh battery, and took it out to fly. It is a little underpowered to say the least, yes. But it DOES FLY and has great flight characteristics, never during the two flights I have had have I felt nervous or did the plane feel out of control. I will upgrade to brushless eventually, but for now I can live with the stock power system.
Reading the "hate" posts on here makes me start to believe that most of the haters have not even bought from Nitroplanes before. They are a good company that sell great priced, great looking aircraft to modelers. We are called modelers not only because we like to fly, but we like to model, or build! I think half the fun is building a model. It is especially fun when I buy a model that 9/10 of the people on here say is unflyable and I build it completely by the manual and SUCCESSFULLY fly it!

2 CMPro Extra 300s 1.40s , Guanli A-10 Thunderbolt II, and Ultimate .40.....all great!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:59 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Fed Up with the NitroPlanes Haters!

I totally agree. I think a lot of the problem that Nitro has is due to their "not so good customer service"! On top of that, a lot of people thoroughly enjoy gripeing about something. They would NEVER_EVER take blame for something stupid they did. ( Like buy a plane & not thoroughly go through it to make sure all glue joints were good, etc. I especialy love the ones that gripe about "the junk plane" fell apart after only 2 or 3 flights. Ask them,Did you have any "hard landings?" they say-Well, no!!! There was one a while back, complained, no, he went ballistic !!!!! After 3 flights," none of which was up "his" expectations", it augered into the ground, destroying everything. He demanded that John replace EVERYTHING, this guy was being a total ass. John came back with "send me everything you have & we'll work something out" All of a sudden the guy says, oh, well, I think I threw away the engine & some of the other stuff.The rest of the people taking part in that thread got on the cstomer & reamed him out. He never did come back (I don't know, maybe he was wanting something for nothing!!) The planes are ARFs,,, ALMOSTREADY TO FLY !!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Springer

Customer service has been great. Good planes and a good price.

Are there better planes available? Sure, but do you drive a Bugatti Veron? Probably not. Is it better? Sure it is but I don't have 2 million to spend on a car.
The one I have works perfectly, gets me where I am going, and will go way faster that any sane person would on a US highway.

You can buy something affordable and still get something that will make you happy every time you use it.

I got my Giles 202 140 size fixed and flew it last weekend. It was the first version and I crashed it a while back. I thought it was a total loss but John at NitroPlanes found parts for this old discontinued plane and got me back in the air. I was smiling the whole time.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:33 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are people out there that you can not ever please. Does not matter what they buy, it will never be good enough to make them happy. They want custom built quality for next to nothing.

Way back when, I believe Nitro planes was overwhelmed with work and the customer service part was lacking. Now, John is doing a great job. There is really nothing to complain about.

I have 5 orders with Nitroplanes, brother has 3, brother in law has 5 also. All have been without problems. I do believe in the 90, 10 rule. 5% of the people are in the extreme group, you will never please, 5% are super happy and will never be disappointed, and 90% of the people are your average people who are happy about what they get. We will be ordering more stuff as we need.

Dru.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Shouter

One thing I really enjoy is flying an airplane that, according to the NP haters, is unflyable. I have been reading about the .25 size Edge 540, and the CMPro Extra 330s .50 size, and I am very tempted to buy both just so I can have the satisfaction of watching the "unflyable" models fly.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
outdoorhunting

I think John has always done a great job. I have 3 Nitro Planes & I went over them when I first got them. I found a few glue joints that weren't quite up to par, beefed up the firewalls (although, I don't think it really needed it). I lost one due to total "dumb thumbs," the other 2 are still going great. For the price, ya can't beat Nitro!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:56 PM
wake133

I have had some issues with the planes I've ordered, but not once has John not been very willing and able to help out! The most recent plane piper cub for $48 on black friday. I received a similar plane to the one I ordered and I now have to mod it to work as electric (cut of the prebuilt wood motor mount) The one I ordered was not suppose to have that but if I had wanted to make it gas it would have been great. The color scheme was opposite of the pictured, but other than that this plane is better quality than I could buy anywhere else! I have not flown it yet but it will fly great I'm sure. I have even considered buying several of these ARF planes and making them RTF and selling them, comparing these to the prices at my local hobby shop I could make a lot of money of these. Thanks NITROPLANES and John for all your great service
Sean
Old 12-09-2009, 01:50 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My hat is off to Nitroplanes. I have ordered several planes from them, and they all came through with no damage or problems.
Granted the instructions can sometimes leave a lot to be desired, but other than that no problems from my end.
Thank you very much Nitroplanes.
Earl
Old 12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
jcraighook

BIG DITTO from Tuscon !.

Since getting back into the hobby, I have ordered 3 planes from these guys, loads of parts and doo dadds, and EVERY order was filled promptly, exactly as advertised and with great prices.  I seldom look elsewhere if NitroPlanes or Partz has the item I want or need.

You know, a screw up is going to happen once in a while, and hey, you can not please everybody  all the time, BUT, the NitroPlanes crew does the best job I have seen so far. 

So my vote is  to close this thread and move on....

Craig
Tucson AZ

Props, Jets and Gyro's.... just plane crazy.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 PM
outdoorhunting

Agreed, enough said !!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Shouter

Yes, our point has been proved, Nitroplanes for the win
Old 12-10-2009, 12:35 PM
opjose

Part of the "problem" are both Novices to this hobby and veteran KIT builders.

Novices tend to buy the least expensive planes, so they are attracted to the Nitroplanes prices, but really they need a LOT of handholding, which NP cannot provide.

Their unrealistic expectations result in all sorts of problems that they would have had anywhere.

I've also seen veteran kit builders pick up a NP ARF as their first ARF purchase, then blast the products because the planes are not built the way THEY would put something together... Those that do the same but have experience with other vendors ARFs are more realistic and are impressed with what they are getting for the price.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:00 PM
kid chuckles

ORIGINAL: opjose

Part of the ''problem'' are both Novices to this hobby and veteran KIT builders.

Novices tend to buy the least expensive planes, so they are attracted to the Nitroplanes prices, but really they need a LOT of handholding, which NP cannot provide.

Their unrealistic expectations result in all sorts of problems that they would have had anywhere.

I've also seen veteran kit builders pick up a NP ARF as their first ARF purchase, then blast the products because the planes are not built the way THEY would put something together... Those that do the same but have experience with other vendors ARFs are more realistic and are impressed with what they are getting for the price.

Hmmmmmm Seems to me then you would hear and read about these Novice builders that you seem to dislike so much trashing other manufactures. But they seem to reserve there dislike Just for Nitro. And now your even trashing Veteran Builders. Did you ever consider for even one minute that maybe all these folks that complain on here just might be the ones that are correct and YOUR WRONG. I mean they do outnumber you thousand to 3 0r 4. Just can't seem to fatham that every one of them did something wrong in the building process or they don't know how to fly. Most are guy's that have built more than a few planes also.
Also sure would like to see the posts of the experienced guy's that have been impressed by anything. Most figure out after trying Nitro that they should have bought from another company. If you can show me 10 posts within the last 6months from experienced ARF buiders stating that they were impressed with what they got from Nitro, you won't see me post here again. If not quit deleting my posts. And OP i know the names of the fella's that are on here constant telling how great they are. I mean they are greatly outnumbered as any and everyone can see, I mean real folks that have built Hanger 9, E-Flite, Hobby Zone, etc, planes before and you say that they are impressed. ROFL at you for even saying such a thing.