Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Andy help please. Lost signal and crashed.

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Andy help please. Lost signal and crashed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
mloula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andy help please. Lost signal and crashed.

I recently purchased the Airfield EDF 70mm F16.We went out for our 5th flight together on a beautiful evening. She is sofun to fly. Preflight was done, everything checked ok. Took off, made a climbing right turn, entered downwind and throttled back a little.It was decending a little so I tried to give it a little back pressure on the elevator to bring the nose up. Hmm, nose it dropping more so I pull back all the way and it's still dropping. No throttleor aileron control neither. It was a sickening sight seeing my plane impact terrain at 3/4 throttle in a 75 degree nose low attitude. Needless to say it received substantial damage. The front 8 inches broke off and there is much crush damage.

Now, if I had flown it out of range, forgot to extend the antenna or made some other foolish mistake I would chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. But when I lose contact with the plane at an altitude of about 75 feet and 150 ground feet away from me, well that just ain't right.

I can send the Rx and Tx and whatever else you likeinto you for inspection. I understand that crash damage is not warranteed but this isn't your normal pilot error crash. Is there anything you can do for me?
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
mloula

Default RE: Andy help please. Lost signal and crashed.

Order number is 785169. Hello?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
nitrostaff1

well I can send you a few part to help you out but as always you need to check the range of the TX and RX before each flight. Also some pilot forgot to turn off teh radio and it drains the battery overnight and this could cause the lack of power in the radio and therefore lost reception.

John
Nitro Planes

Old 04-16-2010, 06:39 PM
mloula

Thanks John, I would appreciate it. Here's the damage. What do ya think?

I tested Rx and Tx with brand new batteries in the transmitter and a fresh charge on the lipo and the range is terrible. Where would you like me to send it back to? Do I need an RMA?

Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 PM
mloula

Well, live and learn. Won't be buying from nitroplanes again. Thanks anyway.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Cdr.Instigator

Your mistake here was that you bought the RTF, not the KIT.. Almost all the time, vendors will use the cheapest electronics with each sale.

Next time, invest on a decent radio before your next model.

Step 1) Buy a used 72mHz 8 channel radio from a reputable member of rcgroups or rcU..

Step 2) Invest on a 2.4 mHz conversion kit from HASSAN.. $60.00 + 30.00 for each RX

Step 3) Invest on a KIT... because servos, ESC and or motor will fail on the ARF and RTF...
Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
windgods

>>Your mistake here was that you bought the RTF, not the KIT.. Almost all the time, vendors will use the cheapest electronics with each sale.<<

Cdr. - good advice on radio kit, thanks,

I'm learning that the quality of RTF depends on how good the the vender is.

I started with a Super Cub from Hobby Lobby, and use it to haul a 5 oz camera for aerial photography for countless flights.

This comes with very good quality TX, RX / ESC and servos right out of the box. All you do is charge up the battery, strap on the wing, and good to go.

I've had it so high that it's a speck and have my friend with binoculars to tell me which way it's going to get the high aerial pictures for map making.

Also have flown it at the beach over the water in 10-15 mph winds to get aerial video of kite surfing with complete confidence.

I would suggest to nitroplanes to go through their RTF and ARF planes that have crap electronics, remove the parts, then sell as a kit.

This will save customers some grief. My first nitroplane was the Guanli Catalina and came close to destruction it because of the poor electronics. The airframe is beautiful and is a great flyer, but needs to be a kit and get rid of all the cheap electronics BEFORE selling it.