RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   NitroModels Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/)
-   -   Thunder AC6 Charger never did work!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/10046748-thunder-ac6-charger-never-did-work.html)

foambreaker 10-04-2010 12:27 PM

Thunder AC6 Charger never did work!!!

Hi Support Staff. Regarding order # yhst-123131 ( 4-5 months ago ). I bought a 1450mm Airfield P-51 Shangri La after waiting for months for it to be back in stock. I needed a charger for it's 4 cell Lipo as all the other planes I bought from you have 3 cell batteries/chargers. I received the order in June and wanted to charge the battery but I got a "Connection Break" error when I plugged in the battery. I tried to get help from Nitroplanes but it was taking too long so I found the company ( Hota ) on the internet and e-mailed Candy there. She said the "board was burnt" and to send the "board" vack. So I sent back the adapter that plugs into the charger on one end and that the battery plugs into on the other end, the one with all the different size sockets for the different cell numbers. I never did receive a new board and every time I e-mail they say they have not received the part I sent back yet. It was 3 months ago that I sent it! So I ordered a new adapter and received it today. Well guess what happened, "Connection Break" again, still. I could have screamed. I've been waiting since the end of January to get this plane, and I have the plane and still can't fly!! Obviously the problem is in thecharger itself, as I charged a lead acid battery for my car with the other plug-in -the onewith the2 red and black outlets right next to the lipo balancing outlet. The problem is in the box not the adapter card/board. I have wasted an entire spring, summer, and flying season now, trying to solve this stupid little problem. So what is my next step? Send the charger back to you for an exchange? Or will you just send me out a new box/main unit? I have all the cords and connectors I just need the stupid main 'black box' - the actual body of the charger itself. What an annoying and frustrating little thing this has turned out to be! Almost half a year trying to charge a little 4-cell lipo! Please get back to me and tell me what to do next. I'll fly the 3-cell Dynam Hawk Sky and Skybus DC-3 you sent me until I hear from you!! Thanks for your help, Mark Taylor, Newfoundland Canada.

mikeirocz 10-07-2010 10:03 PM

RE: Thunder AC6 Charger never did work!!!

ORIGINAL: foambreaker

Hi Support Staff. Regarding order # yhst-123131 ( 4-5 months ago ). I bought a 1450mm Airfield P-51 Shangri La after waiting for months for it to be back in stock. I needed a charger for it's 4 cell Lipo as all the other planes I bought from you have 3 cell batteries/chargers. I received the order in June and wanted to charge the battery but I got a "Connection Break" error when I plugged in the battery. I tried to get help from Nitroplanes but it was taking too long so I found the company ( Hota ) on the internet and e-mailed Candy there. She said the "board was burnt" and to send the "board" vack. So I sent back the adapter that plugs into the charger on one end and that the battery plugs into on the other end, the one with all the different size sockets for the different cell numbers. I never did receive a new board and every time I e-mail they say they have not received the part I sent back yet. It was 3 months ago that I sent it! So I ordered a new adapter and received it today. Well guess what happened, "Connection Break" again, still. I could have screamed. I've been waiting since the end of January to get this plane, and I have the plane and still can't fly!! Obviously the problem is in thecharger itself, as I charged a lead acid battery for my car with the other plug-in -the onewith the2 red and black outlets right next to the lipo balancing outlet. The problem is in the box not the adapter card/board. I have wasted an entire spring, summer, and flying season now, trying to solve this stupid little problem. So what is my next step? Send the charger back to you for an exchange? Or will you just send me out a new box/main unit? I have all the cords and connectors I just need the stupid main 'black box' - the actual body of the charger itself. What an annoying and frustrating little thing this has turned out to be! Almost half a year trying to charge a little 4-cell lipo! Please get back to me and tell me what to do next. I'll fly the 3-cell Dynam Hawk Sky and Skybus DC-3 you sent me until I hear from you!! Thanks for your help, Mark Taylor, Newfoundland Canada.
hi !!! youre probleme i thing , you needplug the both wire come out the batterie to a charger ,one +\- and one on card **** 2s,3s,4s,5s,6s try this choww Mike

ss40 10-08-2010 02:58 AM

As above...you need to connect the red and black and the balance ports all to the pack for LIPO, LIFE, LION. Read the manual. Nothing wrong with the charger..probably.
PB works with only the 2 leads as you described.

foambreaker 10-09-2010 08:39 AM

Hi. Thanks for responding. I read the 37 page manual again, for the third time. It really doesn't help much as there are no pictures or diagrams, only poorly written english that must have been translated by a computer! The 2 red and black leads must connect to the thicker battery cables that connect to the plane's ESC, and the adapter card connects to the white charge plug lead coming out of the battery and to the balance port on the charger. That must be it. I'll give it a try, although the battery has a deans plug and the charger doesn't have a deans plug red and black lead. I'llconnect the charger's red and black alligator clips tothe battery's deans plugat low current just to see if the charger works. Thanks for your help!! FB

foambreaker 04-27-2011 01:17 PM

<font size="4">I tried it as above and it did work. The section that tells you to hook the black and red leads to the esc jack is 1 sentence in 35 pages!  Easy to miss. One of the guys at the local flying club set me straight. Thanks.  Mark</font>

blvdbuzzard 04-27-2011 04:55 PM

I have found thew perfect use for the direction that come with a lot of the poorly written, worded directions. You use them to mix epoxy on. That way you have a clean new page every time.

I too had an issue with the charger. I plugged it all in like my TrittonII and I got nothing. Well You have to plug the power leads in as well as the balance tap. Took me a while to see I did not have it hooked up all the way. Some times it is so much easier to come here and get the real directions then read through the miss spelled, hard to read directions the products come with.

Buzz.

opjose 04-28-2011 08:48 AM

ORIGINAL: blvdbuzzard

I have found thew perfect use for the direction that come with a lot of the poorly written, worded directions. You use them to mix epoxy on. That way you have a clean new page every time.

Buzz.
ROTFL!

You're all TOO kind to use them that way.