RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   NitroModels Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/)
-   -   Nitro Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/10332140-nitro-planes.html)

mr.magoo54 02-13-2011 12:14 AM

Nitro Planes

Nitro Planes has really hit rock bottom when it comes to restocking parts for my Katana50. I have been waiting for months to get a new cowl and landing gear. There web site said that the landing gear is in stock, But when I ordered it they e-mailed me back after 6 days to tell me they were out of stock and on backorder and that it could take 5 to 6 weeks to get in. Now its going to take them 4 busniess days to refund my money.

opjose 02-13-2011 07:06 PM

RE: Nitro Planes

Nitroplanes is just a supplier.

If you request a part that you need because of an order problem, they open a sellable plane box ( loosing that sale in the process ) and ship you the part.
That is why they always require the order number, to verify the order since they are about to incur a big loss.

The "left overs" then become available for spares, which sometimes they put up on their web site.

The plane manufacturers ( except for SOME foamies like ExceedRC and others ) do not supply replacement parts.

Let me say that again in case others are reading this:
- The Asian plane manufacturers ( except for SOME foamies like ExceedRC and others ) do not supply replacement parts.

That's the nature of Asian ARF's, KMP, CMP, Fly-Models, etc. etc. etc... ( all Asian ARF manufacturers ) do this.

If you have unrepairable damage, your best off ordering a new airframe.

At the prices that Nitroplanes sells things the replacement airframe is typically about the same price as you would pay from larger manufacturers for those parts anyway. e.g. $50.00 for gear from Tower, and $35.00 for a cowl with shipping... about the price of a new airframe.

BTW: You could probably substitute other gear from other manufacturers.

This is what I do for broken gear and wheel pants, so as not to spend my time fixing or fabricating them myself.

Most cowls can be reglassed and repaired even when the damage is extensive. Epoxy, fiberglass, Bondo and Paint can do wonders.
There are threads in the crash/repair section on how to do this.

Re: Refunds.

That's pretty normal. Order processing is automated, and out of stocks can take a few days before getting kicked back... ( I had one occur two weeks ago... they called me about it last week, and I'm expecting delivery of an offered alternative tomorrow as I write this... )

They have to wait for the credit to come through first so they can issue a refund. Just check your statement, often no transaction will appear.

Jackercsweden 03-13-2012 08:25 AM

RE: Nitro Planes

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); " class="hps">my friend</span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> </span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); " class="hps">has a</span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> </span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); " class="hps">Calmato</span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> </span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); " class="hps">Trainer </span><div><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); " class="hps">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuQ5H...9vlQf-jIuURbE=</span></div>