RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   NitroModels Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/)
-   -   DOA Plane Help (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/11172145-doa-plane-help.html)

oldkld 07-28-2012 06:33 AM

DOA Plane Help

I can't believe this company! My father bought a plane from them that was DOA, (the radio would not communicate with the receiver/ESC) so he emailed them multiple times about the problem just days after receiving the plane, with no response. So he tried calling numerous times but gave up after waiting on hold for over half an hour with no pick up. So he finally bit the bullet and called and stayed on the line as long as it took for someone to finally answer the phone. After describing the problem to the tech, they sent him a new ESC which did not resolve the problem. So he called again and waited and waited and finally got an answer. This time they told him it must be the receiver. However, they informed him that the 30 day warranty had expired so he would have to purchase the part and pay for shipping. What's up with that??? And the new ESC did not resolve the problem. Now over 2 months after purchasing the plane, and much more waiting on the phone for someone to pick up, they finally sent him a new radio, and problem solved.

I was foolish to think things would be different for me, so I ordered a RTF foam plane from them. I checked all the electronics first before assembling the plane to make sure I didn't have a repeat of the problem my dad had. However, when assembling the plane, using the supplied glue, the tail and elevator pieces were made of a different foam, and when I applied the glue to secure the control horns, and gluing the tail and elevator sections to the fuselage, the glue dissolved the foam on the tail and elevator sections. So now I've got this plane with gaping holes everywhere the supplied glue touched these pieces. I emailed Nitroplanes because I only have a cell phone with limited minutes so I can't afford to hang on the phone for hours waiting for someone to pick up the phone. I've emailed them twice in the last 12 days and still ZERO response! I'm guessing they are going to do the same thing they did to my dad, and wait until the warranty period has expired then make me pay for the parts and the shipping in order to salvage this plane, which happens to be a gift for my adult son who is arriving in 2 days for a 1 week visit. So he's not going to get to fly the plane and he can't take it back with him on the plane. And yes, I explained all this in my emails to nirtoplanes!

Bottom line, if you're planning on purchasing planes from nitroplanes.com..... Buyer beware!!!

blvdbuzzard 07-29-2012 06:30 AM

RE: DOA Plane Help

They have their forum. http://www.rcdiscuss.com/forumdispla...-Order-Support

Not sure it will do anything, but might post over there and see what happens.

They do have a history of less then what you would expect for customer service.

Buzz.

oldkld 07-29-2012 11:43 AM

Thanks Buzz, I'll give their forum a try but given their track record my expectations are low at best.

Cheers,

Kirt

RTCharlie 07-30-2012 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: oldkld

Thanks Buzz, I'll give their forum a try but given their track record my expectations are low at best.

Cheers,

Kirt

What's your order number for the plane?

-Charlie
<br type="_moz" />

oldkld 08-01-2012 01:00 AM

The order number is....<h2 class="ReadMsgSubject">yhst-17210252890263-284493</h2>

oldkld 08-01-2012 01:05 AM

The order number is...<h2 class="ReadMsgSubject">yhst-17210252890263-284493</h2>

captinjohn 08-01-2012 01:07 PM

<span style="font-size: xx-large"><span style="font-size: x-large">I hope NitroPlanes does not keep stalling around and actually helps you. The wrong glue supplied in a kit is pure nonsense.

But then again so is a lot of NP,s Talk ...nonsense.
</span></span>

RTCharlie 08-01-2012 02:37 PM

I could send you parts(fuselage, elevator, rudder) for the Extra 330 that you ordered. Let me know how you would like to proceed with the order.<div>
</div><div>-Charlie </div>

blvdbuzzard 08-01-2012 04:15 PM

It appears they respond to the forums. May be over loaded on the phone and email.

Buzz.

oldkld 08-02-2012 04:25 AM

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for offering to replace the affected parts. If you would send them to the same address as on the original order, that would be great.

Also, could you please help me understand why my emails to the NP support team regarding this issue, were never answered? Your website clearly says to use email as an option for communicating issues... It's unfortunate that I had to resort to using this forum to get results, and because it's a public forum, it doesn't cast a very good light on your companies image.

Thanks again for offering to resolve this issue,

Kirt

RTCharlie 08-02-2012 10:37 AM

<div>I will get the parts from and have them sent out to you, When it ships we'll email you the tracking number for the package. As for the emails we get several hundred emails a day with each of ourwebsites and we try to answer them all as quick as possible but sometimes that just doesn't happen.</div><div>
Update so I grabbed the parts from the warehouse and sent them over to get packed and shipped. When you get them in use hot glue or 5 minute epoxy to glue then together. I have notified Dynam that the glue that comes on the plane isn't EPO and depron safe so they will be fixing the issue.
</div><div>-Charlie</div>

oldkld 08-03-2012 02:13 AM

Hi Charlie,

Thank you very much for the update. Iappreciate you taking the time time to monitor this forum and for addressing my issue. Unfortunately, I'm sure they will not arrive untl after my son (the plane was for him to fly here) has to return to Texas, but at least it will be here for him when ever he gets the chance for a return visit.

Kind regards,

Kirt