RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   NitroModels Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/)
-   -   NITROPLANES RIP OFF!!! BEWARE!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nitromodels-support-456/8632814-nitroplanes-rip-off-beware.html)

chad32u 03-30-2009 07:52 PM

NITROPLANES RIP OFF!!! BEWARE!!!

As you can probably tell by my subject line, I am not happy with Nitroplanes. Allow me to expand. First, my aircraft is the CF-18 Tiger Hornet.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/exceed-rc...r-version.html

It is a very nice looking aircraft. However, after 5 flights it no longer works. Is it the ESC, is it the tx/rx? Who knows. Nobody can tell me for certain. So in trying to rectify this problem, here is what I have done:

- went to their online chat FIVE times. Each time I was met with an inability to solve my problem or even offer a solution. During two of these online sessions, I was told a NP rep would call me. No call has been received.
- left TWO messages with NP online team to call me. Received two e-mails saying that I would be called. STILL NO CALL!!!
- called the company I don't know how many times. When it isn't busy, I'm on hold forever. I've gotten through only THREE times. The first time I was on hold for 35 minutes. When I finally got through, there was an awful echo on the phone and the NP operator disconnected the call as he was talking to me. I'll come back to the second time I got through. The third time I got through I was on hold for 58 minutes. Well, I actually didn't get through. The phone went dead, then I got a ringing tone, then a voice saying "Please dial again". What is up with that?!?!?! My phone has never done this before so I'm quite certain it's not a malfunction on my end.
- the second time I got through, the NP rep asked me what I wanted. I told him I wanted my CF-18 fixed and flying. He did offer me a replacement airframe, HOWEVER, it's on my tab to pay for the shipping back to NP. That's going to run me about $60 Canadian.
- did I mention that NP has no toll free number, so all the time that I've been on hold has been at my own expense (international calling from Canada). And now I have to pay $60 to ship a defective item back to NP?

Overall, very disappointed. It's unfortunate for a number of reasons. The first is because their aircraft are a lot of fun when they are working. Second is because I have many friends who wanted EDF aircraft and I told them to hold off on NP until I was satisfied. Needless to say, that's at least FIVE customers NP will not have. Not to mention I'm going to leave as many negative reviews about NPs as I possibly can. That can all be fixed if my Hornet will be fixed by NPs soon...is that so much to ask?!?!?!?!?! Beware all, things can go very wrong for you too...

kid chuckles 03-30-2009 08:22 PM

RE: NITROPLANES RIP OFF!!! BEWARE!!!

Man Opjose will delete your post soon as he sees it. All the praise you can rain down is fine but have not seen many negative posts last long now. Try and let folks know YOUR experience and if you do it gets deleted.

chopper man 03-30-2009 08:42 PM

He's entitled to tell his story as long as it is the truth. I haven't seen to many things said about NP that was good anyway. From everything that I have read from Opjose you would think he works for NP. I'm not sure how they stay in business. Just my nickles worth.:D Good luck. It seems like you'll need it.

DSTIEBS 03-30-2009 08:43 PM

Send John at nitromodels a email at www.nitromodels.com or try this link. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_57...tm.htm#5747198.

chad32u 03-30-2009 11:41 PM

The interesting thing is that I don't want anything special; all I want is for my Hornet to work properly...that is up until I crash it into a million pieces! HA HA HA! If NPs helped my Hornet work, I would once again be a customer of theirs.

kid chuckles 03-31-2009 07:07 AM

Well good luck you did try to PM John at Nitrostaff1. Maybe he can help you out.
I am a Nitro basher myself and have seen many posts as yours. But if i say anything
then I am rehashing the ONE plane i bought from them. I just learned my lesson quick lol.
And let any and everyone i know know what kind of customer service and stuff Nitro has.
If you don't happen to know about this site and John can't help your about out of luck.

Op has defended Nitro to the point that now he is a moderator for the site so his point of
view as mine is very biased. He defends to the core and i do otherwise. But he can delete mine lol.

outdoorhunting 03-31-2009 07:40 AM

Wondered where you went,KC. I was almost missing your ranting & raving & overall whinning!! If you're honest about all this, you'll have to admitt that op has also tried to help many, many people, way beyond the call of duty. I , as with most of the guys that follow this thread are just get tired of the same old, same old from you. Your (experience) as I understand it happened once ,2yrs ago. I have seen you get extremely nasty with anybody that opposes you. I for one would like to see you be a little, more civil to all envolved. This post will surely bring a big rant down on me. Maybe someday a Mod will see you for what you are, ( a big cry baby & trouble maker) & ban you from this thread. If you can't add something positive, don't add anything!!!!My 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Mugen 03-31-2009 07:52 AM

+1

My 2 year old whines less than some folks here.....and she whines a lot!

To the OP- "Not to mention I'm going to leave as many negative reviews about NPs as I possibly can".

This will get you nowhere. In fact if you had asked prior to your splurge you might have avoided this whole mess. Blaming others for your misfortune is not going to fix your issue. You had no problem finding this forum now, why didn't you research it a little more before hand? I found it funny that you said " I told them to hold off on NP until I was satisfied"....little controlling? Now if you had posted in a different manner you might have gotten some help.

Good luck and don't forget the cheese,
Kevin

outdoorhunting 03-31-2009 08:00 AM

Hey, MR. M. That cheese that you mentioned, does it take red or white whine??? It's been all of 10 minutes & we've not heard from KC. It's kinda nice!!!

sdjb 03-31-2009 11:25 AM

Hey chad32u, Send a PM to John and give him some time, I'll bet the price ya payed for the plane, he will make it right with ya
He has not let me down in over 4 years

Just Chillacks

sdjb

HeliTB 03-31-2009 02:49 PM

Can't speak for your Hornet, but the two Bobcats I purchased were of good quality. Sorry to hear the problems. I understand your frustration after spending your hard earned money. I'm going through that now with my Ipod Touch. PC won't recognize it and the tech support at Apple don't know what's wrong. Give John sometime to see if he will come through.