Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

starting my o.s..15 cv-x

Old 07-29-2003, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting my o.s..15 cv-x

i recently bought an 0.s. 15cv-x engine for my nitro stampede. it has been properly broken in and run about twice. the first time i ran it after break in, the lock nut on the side of the carb loosened which made the engine overrev. i quikly choked the engine and tightened the locknut. i think that retightening the nut messed aroung with the low end mixture. i then reset the mixture( because the engine would not run). i just want to know if this is a problem that the nut fell off?
the engine now runs fine but for some reason i CAN'T START IT when it is hot. is this a mixture problem?
thanks
Old 07-29-2003, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any compression when it's hot because it could be hard to flipstart it then if there aren't any compression. You need an electric to do the job
Old 07-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the engine had an over-rev, it could also have overheated. That would cause the piston/cylinder fit to become too loose when the engine's warmed up. Letting it cool brings the compression back. It won't be too long before high-throttle running becomes a problem because of the over-rev/overheat.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for you hlp. i donot feel compression when i try to start it hot. what do is just slowly crank the pull starter until i can feel compression and then i start pulling hard. i don't think that i have had an over rev. because i have never lost control of the car, but doe's hollding the car in the air while revving it do the same thing?
thank you for your help