Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Ff-240

Old 08-08-2003, 02:29 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ff-240

Hello Bax:

I need a little help. I got a FF-240 from a friend that was all rusty and bearings where all seized up. I disasembled it and did not take the precaution to notice where the timing of the crankshaft and camshaft where in relation to each other. The engine now has a full set of new bearings and has been cleand and pampered. The only thing missing is the setup of the timing. I noticed that there is a dot on the crankshaft and a hole on the camshaft. This leads me to belive that they should match up, but still dont whant to fire it up and find out the hard way. Well to sum it up:
1) How should the dot and the hole line up?
2) Which is the correct cylinder firing order?
Old 08-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ff-240

The hole and the dot in the two gears will line up adjacent to each other in the center. They will be in a straight line that's goes through the center of the crankshaft and camshaft. Basically, you have camshaft center, dot, dot, crankshaft center, all in a straight line in that order.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:37 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ff-240

Thanks a lot