Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

pressurizing an OS FS90 fuel system

Old 08-30-2020, 12:43 PM
opnweel1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pressurizing an OS FS90 fuel system

Just wondering whats the best way to pressurize my FS90's fuel system. Perry pump? I've read that tapping the exhaust pipe doesn't work too well. I've been breaking it in on the stand with the crankcase vent being used to pressurize the tank. Has anyone done this? Will it work? It seems to do alright on the stand but that doesn't mean it will in the air. Thanks!
Old 12-27-2020, 04:34 PM
ahdofu

I see that this was posted back in August with no replies. I had an OS Max 90 FX engine and due to the position of the fuel tank being lower than the engine, found it necessary to add a Perry Pump. The setup worked quick well. I think in adding the pump I had to drill a hole in the crankshaft cover of the engine and installed a nipple to run the pump. Perry also makes an oscillatory pump but the regular one that I acquired, was said to be more effective.
Matt
Old 12-27-2020, 05:07 PM
opnweel1

Originally Posted by ahdofu
I see that this was posted back in August with no replies. I had an OS Max 90 FX engine and due to the position of the fuel tank being lower than the engine, found it necessary to add a Perry Pump. The setup worked quick well. I think in adding the pump I had to drill a hole in the crankshaft cover of the engine and installed a nipple to run the pump. Perry also makes an oscillatory pump but the regular one that I acquired, was said to be more effective.
Matt
Thanks for the response. I purchased a Perry oscillating pump after starting this thread and it works great! Engine runs great and is very responsive and stable.