Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS FT-300 FOR MY PITTS SPECIAL

Old 09-30-2003, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FT-300 FOR MY PITTS SPECIAL

I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS REGARDING THE OS FT-300.. (1) THE ENGINE DOES NOT COME WITH ANY MUFFLERS, ARE THEY NOT NEEDED?. (2) THERE IS NO PRESSURE TAP FOR PRESSURIZING THE FUEL TANK, IS IT STANDARD PRACTICE TO RUN ONLY A FUEL LINE TO THE CARB. WITH THIS ENGINE?. THIS IS MY FIRST TWIN CYLINDER ENGINE AND THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL ISN'T ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS THAT I HAVE ABOUT IT SO ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU GUYS COULD GIVE ME WOULD BE MOST BENEFICIAL AND APPRECIATED.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:41 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS FT-300 FOR MY PITTS SPECIAL

O.S. doesn't make mufflers for the FT-300. For most users, it's quiet enough as-is. Others have made their own mufflers.

Generally, a pressurized fuel tank isn't needed. Just make sure the centerline of the tank goes through the center of the carburetor, or is about 3/8" lower and you'll be fine.