Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 46 FX, no full throttle

Old 06-14-2002, 12:43 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 46 FX, no full throttle

My OS 46 FX, with new Enya 3 plug. I also tried other plugs. When it starts it dies if you give it full throttle either fast or slow, and with the glow igniter on or off. I have ran the needle out, in etc, and no change. Also if you run it at 1/3 throttle it will quit after about 30 seconds and the engine is hotter then normal. It doesn't matter if the needle is out 3 turns or 1. I have 5 OS engines, two of them are both OS 46FX. The other one is running great. But this one isn't. I inspected the sleeve and it appears to have normal up and down scratches, I don't notice any peeling. No scratch is deep enough to feel with your finger nail. They can only be seen with a magnifying glass. I have a GP Ultimate ready to fly and no motor, please help. This engine probably has had 50 flights on it and around 2 years old.

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:48 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 46 FX, no full throttle

Toy,
Assuming the engine used to run fine and the engine's low speed needle hasn't been played with by someone, the engine is in need of service. There may be some peeling, scoring, or other problems inside the engine, and each attempt to run it like this is likely taking her more and more lean and doing more and more damage.

Please visit http://www.hobbyservices.com/ for a service worksheet and information to ease the process of sending your items for service.

Please ship your product to:

Hobby Services
1610 Interstate Drive
Champaign IL 61822

with a brief letter describing the problem you have had and include your proof of purchase and a copy of your receipt from purchase. Our staff will inspect your product and will notify you regarding their findings. If it is found to be a warranty defect, the product will be repaired or replaced at our option at no cost to you. If it is not a failure covered under warranty, you will be notified of your options for return, repair or replacement. Thank you for your patience and, of course, your business.