Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

fx25 piston and liner replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 09:53 PM
timrcpilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fx25 piston and liner replacement

I bought a used FX 25. it ran for 60 seconds and died. I took off the head and saw the piston, head, and sleeve were scratched up. The seller bought me the replacement parts.

I replaced the head, piston and sleeve, when i try to turn the engine over (no glowplug installed yet) it seems to really bind hard at top dead center. So much that I feel two seperate "catches" one just before TDC, and another to move it off TDC. It actually stops at TDC.

Do I go ahead and start it, and let the heat expand the liner and hope it runs fine, or am I gonna screw this up by trying to run it?

Please help...

Tim
Old 04-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: fx25 piston and liner replacement

The 'grab' at top dead center is normal. That's because of the engine's non-ringed construction. Please see the O.S. Max FAQ pages, which will give you a good explanation. You can get there from the link below.