Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Does OS engines have warranty?

Old 07-21-2002, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does OS engines have warranty?

Hi!

First, I am not from US, I'm from small north european country.

I have OS 46FX, which is less than year old. I began using it March 17th and it have run less than 30 hours. Week ago crank shafts rear ball bearing broke, so it needs at least new bearings, new piston and liner, possibly cylinder head and etc., as pieces of bearing went through the engine.

Importer of OS engines said that these engines does not have any warranty, and tried to sell spare parts and finally offered to replace engine at such price that I am thinking to change to using other manufacturers products...

Anyway, could it really be so, that these engines, which are supposed to be quality products, doesn't have any warranty?

tepa
Old 07-21-2002, 06:38 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does OS engines have warranty?

Tepa,
Each importer handles their product line support differently, as well as the warranty service/coverage. Some importers do not proivde warranty coverage as a part of their agreement with OS, (meaning you would have to go through OS Japan), while others do.

Here in the US, nearly all OS engines are provided complete coverage under the OS warranty as a portion of our import agreement with OS.

I would recommend you contact OS Japan regarding your questions on your engine.

Please also be sure that your distributor wasn't trying to explain that your engine's damage was not warranty defect and therefore not covered, which is different than it has no warranty.